Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 rage broad heads >

rage broad heads

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

rage broad heads

Old 02-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default rage broad heads

does anyone use these?they look pretty good.im thinking of trying them for this year.just thought id get some advise on them first.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: rage broad heads

I use both Muzzy and RM Snypers but it is my understanding that RM Snypers are discontinued because of the Rages so it'll either be the Muzzy's and a hard look at Rages or I'll start from scratch and look towards a new broadhead. It'll be a bit unless I extinquish myself this spring gobbler, I just bought 9 Snypers, 3 3 packs so I'm good for a while. Of course I'm tagged for 6 gobblers and with no misses, that's 6 heads and with no replacement blades, that leaves me with 4 or 5....so we'll see how spring season goes.[8D]
Old 02-01-2007, 05:26 PM
Fork Horn

i use spitfires and never had a problem but ive heard alot about the rages.they look really good and im leaning on giving them a try.3 for $35 they should be really good.(i hope lol)
Old 02-01-2007, 05:28 PM

i had a friend give me 2 of his rages to use i never shot an animale with them yet but i shot a water mellon with one and it put a nice hole in it
Old 02-01-2007, 05:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm hearing better things about the Snypers then I am the Rages but I don't understand it, are they not identical? I do know in the last 5 bucks I shot with the Snypers, it's a huge in and out hole.

I think I remember reading the Rages were noisy, anyone elaborate? Other than that, I can't imagine differences. I dunno so I'm interested too.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:54 PM

Friend of mine just returned from a hog hunt in Oklahoma, & he used a 3-blade rage, said it just about cut the heart in half. He's convinced.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:34 PM
Spike

they are great I have shot 3 deer this year with the 2 blade.1 was a hard quarter away and went all they way through.The other were broad side and it left a MASSIVE hole and none of the deer went more than 40 to 50 yrds
They fly real well and the blades have proven to be plenty tough enough.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:45 PM

Rob, I believe the differance between the Rage and the Snyper is that the Snypers's blades are held in place by a rubber band and the Rage's blades are help in place by retention clips of some sort.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:14 PM
Typical Buck

Not sure about the Snypers but the Rage 3 blade has a rubber band that keeps the blades in. It doesn't go around the blades but rather the bottom inside edge of the blades catches on the rubber. The blades slide out and down on contact. I was using Spitfires but switched to the 3 blade Rage and they worked great. I still think the Spitfires are good blades and I have 3 or 4 brand new ones but I'm going to stick with the Rages for awhile. I gave one to a friend and he went and bought more and also took a few deer late season with them. Very accurate and awesome cut. I'm thinking of trying the 2 blade.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:33 AM

I've seen mixed results with them. One of my customers had them prematurely open and veer drastically. Some have complained about the sharpness of the blades. I personally found several that were VERY dull.

Then there are those who have told me about vicious exit holes. After some indepth thinking, I realized that dull blades with high poundage could cause massive exit holes since the blades would be 'pushing' rather than cutting.

Rocky Mountain usually produces sharp blades. Just some food for thought.

Quick Reply: rage broad heads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.