Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How many BOW turkey hunters we gonna see this year? >

How many BOW turkey hunters we gonna see this year?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many BOW turkey hunters we gonna see this year?

Old 02-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default How many BOW turkey hunters we gonna see this year?

One thing I haven't done is take a turkey with a bow. This year I hope will change things. I've won a hunt in Kansas this year and for the first time they are opening their season early for bow only. Ah, that's where I come in. I'm headed to Kansas the first 3 days of April and hunting out of Double Bulls with River Valley Game Calls' cameras rolling looking for footage for RVGC's volume IV of Head Hunters.

I then head to NC with GMMAT for more video opportunities then back to PA. I'm hopin to make Jeff famous. lol Now once back in PA I don't know if the bow or the turkey killin Mossberg is going with me. PA birds don't fall to bows easily and I feel are the wariest birds in the country also spook on blinds, that's been my experience tho. The proverbial saying in the industry is that if you can kill a bird in PA you can kill a bird anywhere in the country.

With PA's extra tag I'll have the opportunity for 6 birds. If I tag out, any NY's want to host an avid turkey hunter/caller.

Old 02-01-2007, 01:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How many BOW turkey hunters we gonna see this year?

i may try it, i dont know though. I have never hunted them with a shotgun so starting off with a bow might be difficult
Old 02-01-2007, 01:01 PM
Typical Buck

I am planning on taking my 2nd turkey with a bow. I am pretty optomistic. I took one this past fall and this will be my first spring hunt with a bow. I can't wait.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rob, best of luck in Kansas.I am going to bow and shot gun hunt turkeys. If I take my son or sons..its gonna be the shotgun, alone, with my bow this spring. The same goeswith bears this spring.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

What is a gun? Bow all the way!!!
Old 02-01-2007, 01:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks shed33, sounds awesome, perhaps one of these years I'll make Idaho for Merriams. I'm hoping for a Rio in Kansas but understand the hybrids are the abundant ones.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

WEll I don't know. Last year I got bold and tried with the bow. Had 2 instances at HUGE birds that would have been dead with a shotgun. Put the bow away and never did get another gobbler in range.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:16 PM

Good luck Rob, this will be my first year using a bow to turkey hunt.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

Took the words out of my mouth[8D].
Old 02-01-2007, 01:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Zdeerslayer

ORIGINAL: Germ

Took the words out of my mouth[8D].
I loves me turkey hunting and trust me, I headed to the turkey woods with my bow long before blinds were legal here in PA. Our birds are pressured harder than any birds in the country and just don't act like others either. Rybo just gave an example and understands. No, they are not impossible to take with bow and a blind, but nearly..lol I know dozens of avid turkey hunters who are yet to take one with a shotgun. I enjoy calling for others, if I never take another with a shotgun, it's fine I do enjoy it though and now hunt for the cameras but a turkey with bow has eluded me, and this is my year.

And I'm not talking fall birds from the treestand, that's just not the same as a wiley gobbler on the ground.

Quick Reply: How many BOW turkey hunters we gonna see this year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.