Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 For those you took Bucks this year! >

For those you took Bucks this year!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

For those you took Bucks this year!

Old 01-31-2007, 07:34 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: For those you took Bucks this year!

The buck that I kill was the first time that I had seen him.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:36 PM

mine came runin from behind me and i saw him for maybe 2 seconds in my scope and shot him on the run
Old 01-31-2007, 07:43 PM
Fork Horn

This is kind of a funny post! On Dec. 17th 06 my co-worker and hunting buddy calls and says "Hey you wanna shoot a 12 pointer?" I said sure! So up I went and I didn't shoot the big 12 but I shot a 140 class 10 instead. Sat on the ground for 2 hours and out of nowhere at dark in it strolled. One look, one shot, one dead buck!!! Anyway, right place, right time.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Both of my 2006 Illinois archery kills were on the first meeting. I saw a bigger 145 class whitetail on a couple of occasions but he never closed the deal.

I stopped hunting particular bucks a couple of years ago and just started hunting mature bucks in general. I found that when I really concentrated on one animal it really narrowed my odds of killing him as well as other bucks. It was one of my own 'rookie' mistakes.

But.. when certain conditions arise.. and the same conditions of a past encounter occur.. I do in fact get back into that area and hunt for what hopefully will be a second chance at that deer.. whether it be 1, 2, or even 3 years later.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:31 PM

I shot my buck with in the first 30 seconds i seen him lol.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:32 PM

I saw the buck I shot this year for about10 seconds and the arrow was on it's way.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got mine opening morning, first time I saw him.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Theone that I got I saw two times, the first time was at about 50 yds. The next time I saw him he was at about 18 yds.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

5th time I saw him he was mine. The first 4 times were 4 consecutive days, I killed him on the 5th. Moved my stand 4 times in that 5 days. Twice within 20 yds, just not the right shot. Not bad for a woods deer that has never saw agraculture, kind oftuff to patern them.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:20 PM
Typical Buck

The one I recovered I shot came in in a hurry, looked like he was looking for does, crossed in front of me and went behind me on my left, stopped, came back in front of me, actually came right up to my tree ( I was looking straight down at his head). Then he started off away from me to the left. I had drawn as he started moving away and had a split second quartering away shot but he never stopped so I let off. He was going around a cedar tree and, lo and behold, he stopped. His head and most of his neck was behind the tree but I drew quick, set the pin and nailed him behind the left shoulder and exited in front of the right. Massive blood trail from the Rage 3 blade. First time I'd seen him and maybe 5 minutes or less. I lost the trail on the first one I shot opening weekend but I'd seen him 3 or 4 times before and maybe once a few weeks later.

Quick Reply: For those you took Bucks this year!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.