Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What say you about Silver lined clothing? >

What say you about Silver lined clothing?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What say you about Silver lined clothing?

Old 01-28-2007, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

Default What say you about Silver lined clothing?

Ok, I've read enough about carbon, how about X-static and similiar clothing that claims to use silver to stop bacteria from becoming odorous? Any scientific studies known on public record? According to the manufacturers, independant research by the U.S. Military and the medical industry has confirmed the effectiveness of silver ion flux to prevent odor. Supposedly it cannot wash out because the silver ion flux is permantly integrated into the clothing fibers. I am taking it for granted it could/should help with body odors, but I am wondering if the manufacturers are using enough of the silver ion flux to be effective.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What say you about Silver lined clothing?

I like it so far but mainly because it seems to be quite warm. I was busted the first few times with it on in early season so not sure how effective it is containing scent. But it comfy. I thought the tag said keeps you cool in warm temps and warm in cool temps but never really noticed to cool-in-warm temps part. I mainly used them as a base layer later on in season.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

aerosslinger, I recently bought a set of the X-scent clothing.....found it on clearance after Xmas. I figured it might work as a good baselayer for wicking moisture away and am hoping it helps stop body odors before they develop.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:14 PM
Banned

Awesome post Couger Mag. I hope something comes of this thread.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:25 PM

The only scent control I used this year was X-Scent long johns and DDW spray. Never got busted and killed my biggest buck and doe to date. I was, however, very picky about matching stand locations to wind directions. Now I wear the X-Scent long johns all the time because they are comfortable and pretty warm for being so light weight.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:42 PM
Bartender

I second this, killed my biggest buck to date. I do have to say I had the prefect wind though. I have been using them for a 2 years now. I am still fighting over any of these scent blocker type clothing due to it dont matter how much you protect your bad breath still gets out no matter what. Just my little thought. One last thing nobody allways breaths through there nostrils im sure if they try eventually they breath out of their mouth.
ORIGINAL: 308BLR

The only scent control I used this year was X-Scent long johns and DDW spray. Never got busted and killed my biggest buck and doe to date. I was, however, very picky about matching stand locations to wind directions. Now I wear the X-Scent long johns all the time because they are comfortable and pretty warm for being so light weight.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:45 PM
Bartender

P.S.- Play the wind best you can, you always get busted wheter you know it or not.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:14 PM
Fork Horn

I also started wearing xscent this year... the clothing is an excellent base layer and the science behind it.... the way they explain it.... makes sense to me. I am optimistic about it.
DW
Old 01-28-2007, 07:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've used it the past 2 years. Just with anything its one step in the process of a scent elimination routine. But it does hold up well to multiple uses without any noticeable odor compared to other clothes without silver ion.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:10 PM
Super Moderator

Awesome post Couger Mag. I hope something comes of this thread.
Thanks HCH. Not really so awesome though, just didn't want to hijack your thread about carbon clothing. Just hoping to separate the two types and perhaps learn if it works or not.

Quick Reply: What say you about Silver lined clothing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.