Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Are you kidding me!? >

Are you kidding me!?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Are you kidding me!?

Old 01-28-2007, 07:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default Are you kidding me!?

It doesn't take many stories like this one to give the general public an unfavorable view of bowhunting. Disgusting..[:'(]

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16834322/
Old 01-28-2007, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Are you kidding me!?

While I don't think I agree with that tactic I'm not sure people should get in trouble over it. I can't see myself taking "potshots" at turkeys tied down but the turkeys were domestic and raised for food.Theyare going todie either way I guess. What do people think happens when archers are hunting turkey in the wild?

I dunno, the press always seems to make things like this seem so horrible, we all really need to protect our rights to hunt and enjoy archery, guns, etc. But please people, don't ever try to plan something like this.. If my club did this I would probably find a new club.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

If I was a member of that club an walked into that "event" I would havequit right then and there and demanded my money back.

Wack jobs I tell ya. Wack jobs.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

After reading Demo's reply I also thought - "nice Sportsman's Asscociation".

There is nothing sporting about tying animal's to something and shooting them. That is not how it is done in the woods while hunting and they are not killed in a "hit or miss" fashion at the slaughter house either.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

That sure gives us BAD names.

Who the heck would do that[:@]

Old 01-28-2007, 09:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

As many people as were in the "shoot".[8D]
Old 01-28-2007, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

How did that get on National New's?
Old 01-28-2007, 11:57 AM

I don't see it as a bad reflection on bowhunters. If they had thrown knives at them instead I doubt knife owners around the country would feel shame by association.

It was a dumb idea for one reason and one reason only..........I am sure that some (if not most) of the birds were injured and caused unecessary pain before dying. That is not right. The animals were born and raised for food. They were gonna get killed and eaten no matter what. But, show some respect and do it quickly and as humane as possible.........stunts like these just trivialize the fact that a life is being extinguished and that is not right.

Having said that............lost life is trivialized every day.......just out of MOST people's sight. To somehow blame this on "sportsmen" is just stupid and dripping with agenda. Take a pit stop at ANY farm in the country or a slaughterhouse sometime and what happened here will seem like Mardi Gras.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:04 PM

http://www.factoryfarming.com/gallery/photos_poultry.htm

I realize the above is an anti-hunting site, however those pictures are exactly what a poultry farm / poultry slaughter house looks like.

Killing millions of chickens and turkeys isn't a bloodless job you know, the way they're killed in mass production Tyson, Sanderson farms etc is on what scale compared to what this archery club did ?

Did they call it hunting ? Was it advertised as hunting ? Or were they simply killing turkeys ?

I chopped the head off our Thanksgiving bird a couple of winters back ......... am I cruel ? I could have easily have shot it with my bow - what difference is it ?
Old 01-28-2007, 12:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Buster T

I chopped the head off our Thanksgiving bird a couple of winters back ......... am I cruel ? I could have easily have shot it with my bow - what difference is it ?
The difference is you humanly killed your families dinner.Not for entertainment but for consumption!
To anyway defend these ass clowns that find amusement from the act of killing a living animal puts you at the same moral level as a cat that plays with a mouse for 10 minutes before killing it. These people have sick minds and if can not see that then you really need to look at why and how you hunt.
The act of killing is no game!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Are you kidding me!?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.