Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whats the opposite of bowhunting? >

Whats the opposite of bowhunting?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whats the opposite of bowhunting?

Old 01-28-2007, 10:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Whats the opposite of bowhunting?

There are a few of these guys that post on different forums here and claim they have never lost a deer while hunting this way.

Give it a rest,I would love to be able to do that.I have neither the equipment nor the skill but I do know people that do.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:51 PM
Fork Horn

I wont condemn what they do. He might have been a sniper in the military that save lives. To him this is just as easy as it is for us to shoot a deer at 50 yards. I think it is a hell of a shot. But to me, it is alot more gratifying shooting a deer with a $300 bow and a $6 arrow than it is with $6000 gun that is 900 yards away.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dan ... you are soooo right! You have some traditional shooters complaining about those that use compounds ... compound users getting on xbows users ..... and all the way up to ripping on a guy that takes 900 yard shots with a rifle .... I still hated the casual attitude the guy on the video had though ....

Really, unless you can kill a grizzly bear with your loose leaf notebook, your not really a hunter
Old 01-28-2007, 01:06 PM

900 yd shot blah blah blah i think thats all @$#@$ did you see the equipment he had i think that would be so easy a baby could do it......but yea i know its legal but its just not right
Old 01-28-2007, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

900 yd shot blah blah blah i think thats all @$#@$ did you see the equipment he had i think that would be so easy a baby could do it......but yea i know its legal but its just not right
Dude your full of it,Its attitudes likes yours that create fights among hunters. I am sure archery hunnting is just to easy too, after all both my 3 and 4 year old kids have bows and can shoot them well. So I guess to be real hunters and men we should use our bare hands and no weapons. Becase even a spear, sword, or even a knife is a advantage over our prey.

P.S. I would love to see you put your money where your mouth is and realy try to hit something that far away with a rifle. Even with the best of the best equipment it takes a lot of skill and practice to be able to do that.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:01 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

I target shoot rifles and there are few people imo capable of making accurate shots like that guy did. 900 yds is a hell ofa long shot.I am sick of hunters putting down other hunters' legal hunting methods. Hunters fighting amongst our selves is the biggest threat to our sport. I have been guilty in the pass with statements,"The fricken gun season opens up and all of the damn deer will be shot up." or "Party hunting deerhunters suck, they just herd them up and shoot them." I now keep these thoughts between my wife and I and family. If it is a legal method of hunting, let it be.
I agree!

I think we could find a better target to vent at. Go find a poacher orsomething else to b!tch about. It's not somethingthat Iwould do. But hes not doing something thats wrong. Just different!
Remember that the people that you beat on today for no reasonare the ones that you may need some day to help fight foryour right to hunt in the future! Some thing to think about.
And no I dont hunt with guns.I belive thatgun huntershave a right to hunt too. We can be united or divided. It's up to you. Pick and choose your fights wisely.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:06 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: ArrowMike

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

I target shoot rifles and there are few people imo capable of making accurate shots like that guy did. 900 yds is a hell ofa long shot.I am sick of hunters putting down other hunters' legal hunting methods. Hunters fighting amongst our selves is the biggest threat to our sport. I have been guilty in the pass with statements,"The fricken gun season opens up and all of the damn deer will be shot up." or "Party hunting deerhunters suck, they just herd them up and shoot them." I now keep these thoughts between my wife and I and family. If it is a legal method of hunting, let it be.
I agree!

I think we could find a better target to vent at. Go find a poacher orsomething else to b!tch about. It's not somethingthat Iwould do. But hes not doing something thats wrong. Just different!
Remember that the people that you beat on today for no reasonare the ones that you may need some day to help fight foryour right to hunt in the future! Some thing to think about.
And no I dont hunt with guns.I belive thatgun huntershave a right to hunt too. We can be united or divided. It's up to you. Pick and choose your fights wisely.
Well said.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:43 PM
Host of Hosts

What a boring thread you guys would have without differing opinions.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:09 PM

Regardless of whether you agree with the mans methods of hunting in the video, we MUST give him credit for being one h*ll of a shot. I don't care who you are 900 yards is long shot, even on a bench with sandbags and a rangefinder, that takes a lot of practice and even more pure talent with a rifle. I feel like I'm a pretty good shot, last time I went out shooting, we were hitting clay pigeons sitting on the ground at 150 yds, single shot with a 30/30 with out of the box Remington 170gr ammo. The shots I made that day have jack sh*t on this guy, we must all respect that.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

That guy is a helluva shot. At least the deer weren't tied down.

Quick Reply: Whats the opposite of bowhunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.