Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 trap shooting with bow >

trap shooting with bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

trap shooting with bow

Old 01-25-2007, 11:13 AM

Default trap shooting with bow

I saw a guy that was actually good enough to do that at shooting range pretty cool expensive though you ever tried it???
Old 01-25-2007, 11:20 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: trap shooting with bow

I know.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

couldnt even imagine that. I can usually break 48-50 outta 50 w/ a gun, I doubt i could hit any w/ a bow.

That said I have shot at hand thrown paper plates w/ a 60% hit rate. Next time i set up our trap thrower i'll try it... BTW I use a recurve forthese typeshots.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

There was a hunting show with some famous trick shooter and he shot aspirins out of the air that were hand thrown. He used an old stick bow. He hittem everytime too!
Old 01-25-2007, 01:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

There was a hunting show with some famous trick shooter and he shot aspirins out of the air that were hand thrown. He used an old stick bow. He hittem everytime too!
Byron Ferguson. I've seen him do it. He also hits an arial target while standing on the back of a moving pick up truck in his video "Become the Arrow". He shot a dish ( six inch) thrown up n the air with Osama's face painted on it on the Leno show. List goes on and on.

Also John Shultz's (John was a student and friend of Howard Hill) son (he was about 13 years old) shoots dimes on the video Hitting them Like Howard.

There are also many other that can do this.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

you may be talking about Byron Ferguson there. He's unreal....my shooting hero....
Old 01-25-2007, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

He's great!What got my attention was the brave woman throwing those aspirins in the air--IT'S HIS WIFE,now that's trust!
Old 01-25-2007, 02:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yea, and she doesn't even stand behind safety glass like almost everyone else does.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:31 PM

Yea...if i remember correctly he only missed 3 times before hitting that aspirin. Simply amazing. I've seen another one where he shots his bow with his foot like a crossbow out to 60 yards. I really want to see him in person sometime.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:34 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

Byron Ferguson. .

Met him at the IA DEER CLASSIC. He was selling his book, Become the Arrow. Like a dumbarse, I didn't buy it. Wish I had and had him sign it.

Quick Reply: trap shooting with bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.