Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Black Ice?!

Old 01-25-2007, 10:01 AM
Fork Horn

Default Black Ice?!

I really like this bow and am thinking about buying one.....I was just wondering if anyone has had a chance to hunt with one or use one more than just a few test fires....any opinions would be appreciated....

Thanks
Old 01-25-2007, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Black Ice?!

passthrough I have not had the opportunity to hunt with this bow. However I did shoot it and compare it to a few other bows. It is a very sweet bow. And I am yet to make a decision on a new bow. I can tell you that the black ice is still one of the front runners for my bow of choice in 07. Here is the link to a the thread I started a while back.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1906358&mpage=1&key=black%2cbowt ech%2callegiance&#1906358
Old 01-25-2007, 12:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have one but have not hunted with it YET but hoping to go on a hog hunt in a couple of weeks.

It is no speed burner but it is very smooth to draw, very quite on the shot, no vibration or recoiland will just stack the arrows in there at 70 yards my groups are about 2" and the best I have done with a single cam bow.

I have it set up at the moment for 3d cause my 3d bow has not arrived as yet
Old 01-25-2007, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just bought one, and I am very pleased w/ it. I am actually about to go shoot it for thw 5- Spot comp right now.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:47 PM
Fork Horn

i have a black ice and absouletly love it ive been shooting it in the 5 spot here locally and wouldnt trade it for the world, now mines set at 63 pounds @ 28 and it chroned at 282-286 all 10 shots were within these numbers, the bow is unreal it is so smooth and quiet i just an sts on it and sometimes i have to look and see if there arrow has left cause thats how smooth and quiet it is, absouletly no hand shock what so ever, matter of a fact just got back from our shoot and went from 47th(first time actually shooting the bow)to 4th, i dominated tonite all thanks to my diamond...here's a couple of pics

Old 01-25-2007, 10:51 PM

nice arrows

Maximas all the way
Old 01-26-2007, 07:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have owned one for a little over a month now. I used it for our extended archery season after Christmas and plan on using it for our Winter 3D season until the Bowtech Commander I have on order shows up.

As the others have already stated it has a variety of superb attributes. The first thing that hits me when I shoot it is the low level of recoil. There really isn't any and yet the bow still has that authoritative feel to it as it delivers the arrow. The second aspect of it that I find appealing is the balance and ease of aiming. The bow holds very well for me and I am able to get very good accuracy out of it with my hunting setup. I have yet to chrono it but do not plan on being disappointed in that regard.

Overall I am very impressed with this bow. It feels and shoots like a bow much longer than it already is. It may be a little too early to say this but I think I may have found my ideal hunting bow.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hoytshooter4life

i have a black ice and absouletly love it ive been shooting it in the 5 spot here locally and wouldnt trade it for the world, now mines set at 63 pounds @ 28 and it chroned at 282-286 all 10 shots were within these numbers,

I am very interested in this bow and was wondering if anyone else on here has chronoed this bow at a 28" draw with a hunting set up. If so please let me know what poundage it was set on and what speed you got. I shot one at the pro shop set at 29" and 70 pounds it chronoed at 292. The bow I shot was bare and only had a prong style rest installed. Any info would be appreciated.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:11 PM

I haven't but I sure want to!
Old 01-29-2007, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Hoytshooter, what kind of grip is that? I have a different grip on my bow, and this is the one that came w/ it. Just wondering if you chaged, and why.

Quick Reply: Black Ice?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.