Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Wow........that thing is huge! >

Wow........that thing is huge!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wow........that thing is huge!

Old 01-21-2007, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Wow........that thing is huge!

Is it me or is that bears nose as big as Adams' head?

Old 01-21-2007, 12:37 PM

Default RE: Wow........that thing is huge!

He arrowed that bear at 12 yards if i do remember correctly. I would be to busy soiling myself to shoot.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:47 PM

is that real?
Old 01-21-2007, 12:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

It is a big bear ...no doubt. The scale or perpective is thrown off .... on purpose mind you.... by Chuck wayyyy in back of the bear. Stll, nuthin I'd wanta be wrestling with!!!
Old 01-21-2007, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats what they call a Jimmie Huston 10 lb bass.

"The closer to the camera the animal and the further back you are makes the animal look biger. Which is why Jimmie always holds his fish to the camera at arms length.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:04 PM

The bear was 1,200 pounds again if i remember correctly.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Hiawatha

The bear was 1,200 pounds again if i remember correctly.
Hiawatha ... you and I could take him no prob ...[8D]
Old 01-21-2007, 01:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Everybody's correct here... [8D]

I'd probably soil my pants, too. That is one big bear. I think 1,200 lbs. is correct.

They're also correct in that Chuck has perfected the "the trophy closer to the camera than you are" shot.

It's a running joke among a lot of people, though I'm not trying to take ANYTHING away from his accomplishments; I'd love to take 1/4 of the game Chuck has.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:53 PM
Dominant Buck

As I recall he had waded down a creek and was in waist deep water up against a bunch of tree roots etc piled up in the creek when he made the shot. The bear turned and looked right at him just before he let it go. The bear chose to run the other way fortunately.[&:]
Old 01-21-2007, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Back in the early 80's, A friend of mine had been planing a spring Bear hunting trip in Canada, and I had told him several times that I could not stress how important it was to pick something out around the bait, that he could compair the size of the Bear to, because it was hard to judge the size of them. Well, He goes on his trip, and gets a Bear, Comes back and show's me a picture of it. He was standing to the side and slightly behind the Bear in the picture with his arm stretched out as tho he was leaning up against it. I say, man that's a nice Bear, what did it weigh? all's he would say is, that is was not as big as it looked!! Months went by, and one day he called and asked if I'de like to ride to the Taxidermist place, and pick his Bear up with him. Well we walk in the shop, and the first thing I notice is a very small Bear skin Rug on the wall, And I think to myself that's a Boo Booo! He pay's his bill, and the Taxidermist walk's over to Boo Booo takes it off the wall, and hand's it to my friend !! By the time we got to the car, I wanted to laugh so bad my face was getting sore. I made it about 5 miles down the road when I say Hay Man, He say's ya, I say, Did that Bear have a Teet in it's mouth when you shot it? Well we bouth started laughing so hard he had to pull over, then he told me he should have paid more attenchion to judging the size of them because that one weighed a whole 83lb field dressed, and the Guide had him stand about 6 feet behind the bear with his arm out as if he was touching it, for the picture!! Now Old Chuck is Quite a way's back in his picture, but no doubt about it, that Bear is Huge!! Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I belive that Bear beat out Fred Bear's long standing World record, Only to be knocked out either befor that scoreing period took place or the next scoreing period, I think it's still #2 or 3in the world!!

Quick Reply: Wow........that thing is huge!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.