Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rests..

Old 01-21-2007, 10:33 AM

Default Rests..

Ok. Now I have a Wiskerbisket and hate it! To much noise, slows down the arrow, ect.
So over the offseason I will definatly get a new rest and was wondering if you guys could tell me what would be a nice one to get. (look at my Signature to see what bow I got) also mabye get me a new quiver

thanks !

southern hunter
Old 01-21-2007, 10:41 AM

Default RE: Rests..

Although i have never used it, the muzzy zero effect seems to be one of the top choices. My sig says what i use but when the rest drops it hits the riser and is a little noisy. I put rubber underneath but ran into clearance problems. There are many other drop aways to try that is if you want a drop style rest. hope this helps.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Trophy Ridge Drop Zone is my favortie! They've even tweaked it a bit for '07. Do a search on ANY forum for the TR DZ and I'll promise you that the feedback will impress! I love the rests and they've been nothing but exceptional performing products for me.

Old 01-21-2007, 10:51 AM

the pic you posted man is cool
BUT i have never seen anyyone that has used it {i mean seen them shot it} and that i always think that when you draw back the arrow could come off or somehing if you now what i mean..that is the reason y i bought a wisker biscuit but now i just want it gone!
Old 01-21-2007, 10:52 AM

Here's what i use. Full arrow containment, quiet and no fletching contact, no moving parts. Simple is better.

http://www.shopsaskatchewan.com/Biggar/apa-ultimate.htm
Old 01-21-2007, 12:27 PM

Before you go throwing that WB away you might want to do a search on here in the this and the technical forums. And/or talk to some guys that have them. It is not my favorite rest but if it's set up properly it should not be noisy or reduce arrow speed.

If you decide you want to go with a drop away both the above choices are good. I own both the Muzzy and the Drop Zone. If I HAD to choose between one or the other I like the Muzzy better.

Really nothing wrong with a good prong rest though. The only real advantage a drop away will give you is good fletch clearance if set up properly. They are not inherently more accurate than a prong rest or WB if set up correctly.

Paul
Old 01-21-2007, 12:32 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: southern_hunter194

Ok. Now I have a Wiskerbisket and hate it! To much noise, slows down the arrow, ect.
So over the offseason I will definatly get a new rest and was wondering if you guys could tell me what would be a nice one to get. (look at my Signature to see what bow I got) also mabye get me a new quiver

thanks !

southern hunter
I have the WB and really like it. Another possible choice for ya might be the NAP 360. I've used one and still have it, just didn't like it as much as the WB.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hiawatha

Here's what i use. Full arrow containment, quiet and no fletching contact, no moving parts. Simple is better.

http://www.shopsaskatchewan.com/Biggar/apa-ultimate.htm
Does the girl come with the rest?But seriously I just bought a new bow and am having a dropzone added on, hopefully when I get the bow I will have a good review
Old 01-21-2007, 03:15 PM

Muzzy is my suggestion have one going on my new Bear Truth. Tried the air rest looking at it throw me way off.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:35 PM

I like the Ripcord as well as the QAD Ultra. The allow for "cocking" before the shot and contain the arrow on all sides for those windy days, yet drop away from all contact on the release.

http://www.ripcordarrowrest.com/
http://www.qadinc.com/

Quick Reply: Rests..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.