Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 do the limb savers help??? >

do the limb savers help???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

do the limb savers help???

Old 01-18-2007, 05:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: do the limb savers help???

Thet reduced the handshock on my bow quite a bit. And seemed to quiet it down some also.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:52 AM

Yep they reduce noise shock help balance bow 100% must my groupings shrank 1/2 the size on my first round shooting them and now I can shoot out to a 110 yards and hit a deers vitals only tested on 3-D target but I would buy them when you get the chance
Old 01-18-2007, 06:05 AM

Since this post is here, I figured I would ask something I have wondered for awhile.

I have a hoyt ultramag, split limb bow of course. Now there is room for this but would it do anything, Adding another set of limsavers with the ones I already have installed.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:21 AM
Dominant Buck

I have four on my take down recurve, two original model, and two ultras. The difference between shooting the bare bow and with the limb savers was very impressive. Vibration was reduced to near nothing and string noise level dropped to a similar degree. I neglected to fully snug one of the limb bolts once, if it weren't for a barely audbile buzzing sound when I shot the first arrow that day I probably wouldn't have known it.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:29 AM
Typical Buck

Limbsavers are an excellent addition, and do eveyrthing that has been said thus far.

http://www.huntingnet.com/fieldjournal/fieldjournal_detail.aspx?nID=471
Old 01-18-2007, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BowHuntND

Since this post is here, I figured I would ask something I have wondered for awhile.

I have a hoyt ultramag, split limb bow of course. Now there is room for this but would it do anything, Adding another set of limsavers with the ones I already have installed.
Buy the new limbsaver alphashox and replace your old style limbsavers. The alphashox are made specifically for hoyt and reflex bows. The alphashox made my bow alot quieter than the original limbsavers.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:14 AM

Buy the new limbsaver alphashox and replace your old style limbsavers. The alphashox are made specifically for hoyt and reflex bows. The alphashox made my bow alot quieter than the original limbsavers.
Where do you place the alphshox on your limbs? Close to the cam or more torward the middle?
Old 01-18-2007, 10:16 AM

I shot my bow at the dealer ship bare bow before decideing to get it. then they put on a set of limb jacks (different company but preaty much same thing) I too noticed a difference in the bow. much quieter and less shock. I still could put on cat wiskers or a good stabalizer and it will be totally quiet. the only noise will be the arrow hitting its target which will be nice.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mergrath337

Where do you place the alphshox on your limbs? Close to the cam or more torward the middle?
I played with mine a little after installing them. On my bow they seemed to work best about 1.5" or 2" from the cams. Hope this helps.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:39 AM

So which works better the Limb Saver string leeches or the Limb Savers that actually attach to the limb...I plan on getting both in the near future butI just purchased a new bow and I'm piecing it together nowand Ithought sights, rest, etc... wasmore important thanlimb savers sonow I'm running low on money and have to choosebetween the two.....

Quick Reply: do the limb savers help???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.