Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

new sight?

Old 01-17-2007, 10:00 AM

Default new sight?

hey guys well im going to buy a new sight this year and want to know what you guys oppinions were of a few sights im looking at. tell me the down and dirty of what you think of them.

Sureloc: leathel weapon
sword: 3rd plane
spot-hogg: hogg-it
Extreme achery: recon 800

im not woried about the price but i want something that is going to be good for hunting and3D. let me know guys.

thanks
Old 01-17-2007, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: new sight?

You need to seriously look at the Viper Predator Pro Microtune as well. This is an excellent sight.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:17 AM

true glow is a good sight
for both 3d and in the fild
Old 01-17-2007, 10:26 AM
Dominant Buck

You need to seriously look at the Viper Predator Pro Microtune as well. This is an excellent sight.
I'm with Mike on this one......

Old 01-17-2007, 10:36 AM
Banned

This question is posted about every other day. Here is a recent one.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1925244
Old 01-17-2007, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tomorrow Copper John will be releasing the new Dead Nuts models. I have handled and seen the last version of the prototype in person a few weeks ago and it is really really nice.

It has true microadjust for each individual pin, microadjust gang for both vertical and horizontal travel, 2nd and 3rd plane, as well as the bubble is micro adjust. It also has the lens attach kit, wrapped fiber, and .010 .019 and .029 pin options. It really hasmore adjustability than anything else out there right now and I expect to see this thing dominate the market in 07'. The price is less than spot hogg and about the same as the predator pro with LOTS more features.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:42 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Rick James

Tomorrow Copper John will be releasing the new Dead Nuts models. I have handled and seen the last version of the prototype in person a few weeks ago and it is really really nice.

It has true microadjust for each individual pin, microadjust gang for both vertical and horizontal travel, 2nd and 3rd plane, as well as the bubble is micro adjust. It also has the lens attach kit, wrapped fiber, and .010 .019 and .029 pin options. It really hasmore adjustability than anything else out there right now and I expect to see this thing dominate the market in 07'. The price is less than spot hogg and about the same as the predator pro with LOTS more features.
How is it for pin brightness. I used to have a Copper johns dead nuts. Awesome quality,TERRIBLE pin brightness. I have never had a sight that is as bright as my Black Gold Radiant with skycoil technology. Bright before and after legal light.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:53 AM

well thanks for the ideas guys and sorry about the repost. i guess i missed that yesterday...lol

i will look into a few of these other sights you are all talking about.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:56 AM

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

ORIGINAL: Rick James

How is it for pin brightness. I used to have a Copper johns dead nuts. Awesome quality,TERRIBLE pin brightness. I have never had a sight that is as bright as my Black Gold Radiant with skycoil technology. Bright before and after legal light.
It should be excellent since it will be a coil type sight.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

It's wrapped fiber around the pin guard and of the same quality fiber that people rave about from Fitz (possibly same supplier?). I actually tied fiber in a knot at the factory 2 weeks ago and the fiber wouldn't break. It should be very bright, certainly bright enough to shoot under any legal light condition.

The sights pins and body are also made from all metal...........not plastic like theBG Radiant. I took in 4 of those BG sights this year at the shop that had been damaged due to the plastic in them, both pins and that skycoil cover that were broken...........I really don't like the design at all and feelif I am paying $100+ for a sight it had best be all metal especially if its going in the woods with me. I actually had a customer at the shop that bought the black gold radiant that shattered the coil coverone day before he left for Illinois. I had to loan him a new sight, andI had to sit outside that night holding a spotlight for him at the range so he couldsight in his bow out to 40 yardsso he could get to the airport the following morning on time with a sighted in bow. Not my cup of tea..............

The old dead nuts was honestly a poorly designed sight in my opinion because of the way pins were adjusted in that pin track. That pin track wouldget marred up in there when tightening pins and then pins would not settle where you wanted them after a bit of use. There are several models of the newsight coming out but the 2 higher end models are the Supreme and the Competition with the main difference between the 2 being an adjustable sight bar. These 2 models aremicro adjust pin by pin and when you adjust them they only move on onesingle plane intead of multiple planes like the Spot Hogg's "micro adjust" pins. They also have laser etched areas behind the base of the pins that allow you to use sight tape software to create sight tapes out to ridiculous distances for this sight. Add in this stuff with all the other features I mentioned above and I really think this sight will dominate the market for top end pin sights.............and this is coming from someone that shot on staff with acompetitive company in 06' with an option to shoot on staff and for contingency money in 07'. I will be paying full price for my new CJ DN Competition this year rather than geta freebie from elsewhere because I feel it is that much better.

Here are a few pics..............

Quick Reply: new sight?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.