Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Pressure.........and crazy people. >

Pressure.........and crazy people.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pressure.........and crazy people.

Old 01-16-2007, 06:15 PM

Default Pressure.........and crazy people.

I have both in massive amounts where I hunt. It is just a fact of life around here. It continually AMAZES me the lengths guys will go to trying to get a deer..............the fact that people are willing to risk their own lives and skirt the law just to try to kill a deer is mind boggling.

Pretty sad when your scouting trips and maps have as many marks on them to avoid other hunters as they do to find deer.

These 2 pics are on a recent scouting venture........they both actually made me laugh. The make shift platform death trap is at least 35-40 feet up andI wouldn't trust it to hold a feather.........the other one speaks for itself.

The crazy part is this is PRIVATE property.

[]

Old 01-16-2007, 06:17 PM

Default RE: Pressure.........and crazy people.

Old 01-16-2007, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree, looks like it is cold there now for a change.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:21 PM
Typical Buck

that is crazy that stand is way up there.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:22 PM

Wow iam so glad to hunt where i do. i will maybe see 3 other hunters in a year sometimes not another hunter all year. I fell sorry you having to deal with idiots like that.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:29 PM

ORIGINAL: atlasman

eeediot, doesn't he know that he should be twice that height because thehigher up you are the further out you can see deer coming?
Old 01-16-2007, 06:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

those pics arent shocking to me. im with you and find stuff like that all the time. i found one a guy bolted a platform board to the TOP of a telephone pole..and to the platform he bolted a chair!!! i can never find wires on it though. i dont know if it was previously used or what..its definently a telephone pole though!

i got a group of buddys that have a camp. they gave me directions to their treestands last year..they grouse hunted i was deer hunting with the flintlock. first evening i go walk around finding them all trying to get a feel for the land etc and choose my morning stand. stand 1 was in a hemlock. it was a homemade ladderstand. made out of alumanum tubing about 10-12 foot high and a piece of board for a platform that was in pretty bad shape. the SEAT was a homeade top of a homeade climbing stand. also made from crappy alumanum tubing. stand 2 i get there and was told it was in the only hemlock tree around. found the hemlock tree..WTF no ladder? no steps? call them on the radio they said ya climb the tree! WTF your kidding. 25 foot high there was the BOTTOM of the homeade climber..made of crappy alumanum tubing and the platform part was made of the bottom of a metal shopping cart! dont worry...there were 2 boards nailed to the tree as well. not sure what they were for but they were weathered badly and sure they had a purpose. okkkkkkkk wheres stand 3. WTF...another hemlock tree...YAY screw in tree steps!! wtf...only 3? yep climb the branches. okkkkk wheres the stand?? oh theres 2 boards up there dont worry. yep...i opt to hunt from the ground when im up there lol

to each his own. i got no problem with homeade stuff and everything. but man...when my lifes on the line i aint sittin on no rotting board 25 foot up in a hemlock i gotta climb up on dinky branches with no saftey ropes or anything. not my style! ill take a seat at the base of a tree before i do that!
Old 01-16-2007, 06:36 PM

While I agree it's pretty stupid, and he's skylined like CRAZY...is the utility pole illegal? Just curious, I think it is here in MO....
Old 01-16-2007, 06:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: atlasman

I have both in massive amounts where I hunt. It is just a fact of life around here. It continually AMAZES me the lengths guys will go to trying to get a deer..............the fact that people are willing to risk their own lives and skirt the law just to try to kill a deer is mind boggling.

Pretty sad when your scouting trips and maps have as many marks on them to avoid other hunters as they do to find deer.

These 2 pics are on a recent scouting venture........they both actually made me laugh. The make shift platform death trap is at least 35-40 feet up andI wouldn't trust it to hold a feather.........the other one speaks for itself.

The crazy part is this is PRIVATE property.

[]
atlas ..... I have the same thing ..... we just make the best of it until, hopefully, a piece opens up that we have exclusive rights to. This year my Bro and I will be diligently looking for such a place .....
Old 01-16-2007, 06:42 PM
Dominant Buck

Looking at it, I suppose the yahoo in the first picture is using the tree limbs to climb too isn't he? It amazes me all the time that people will find a place and then not worry about cover or safety. Atlas, where in NY are you?

Quick Reply: Pressure.........and crazy people.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.