Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 acc  and a/c arrows >

acc and a/c arrows

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

acc and a/c arrows

Old 01-14-2007, 09:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default acc and a/c arrows

ok guys...sooner or later im going to start my bow upgrade. arrows are pretty close to the top of the list. im really leaning towards A/C super slims or FMJs for the weight. i want to shoot a heavier arrow for next season. im already shooting fairly slow...no sense in sticking with a light arrow since im already on the slower side of new bows.

what are the pros/cons of each arrow? i know the A/C is the better arrow...but whats with the FMJs? i think they are the ONLY alumanum/carbon arrow out there. whats better..alumanum on the inside or out??

another question...ive target shot with my friend shooting easton alumanum arrows..i know they bend fairly easy. just from slaming shafts, hitting the HARD spots of a 3d target, pulling them out ect. with the ACs or FMJs bend like real alumanums?? id hate to pay over 10$ an arrow to bend them all before hunting season. thats a waste if you ask me. id like to shoot a good arrow..but ill stick with good carbons if ACs or FMJs will bend..

then again if i pay over 10$ an arrow im shooting 1 arrow and pulling that expensive sucker out of the target or shooting a diffrent spot. but still pulling from tough targets or something may bend them if they do bend like alumanums...

fill me in guys...
Old 01-14-2007, 09:47 PM

Default RE: acc and a/c arrows

I just started shooting the FMJs and so far I really like them. The penetration compared to the Gold Tips I was shooting before is fantastic. Plus you get the HIT with the FMJs, which I personally like.

As for them bending? The first day I sighted my bow in I accidentally moved my sight the opposite direction I intended to. Long story short, I hit wide and went through two sheets of particle board. Took a little elbow grease but I pulled it out, spun it, and it was fine.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

thanx washington hunter...

anyone else....(not that i dont belive you WH..i just need some convincing before i drop that kinda cash)
Old 01-15-2007, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

The A/C/C arrows are aluminum and carbon. I am fairly certain that the ACC stands for Aluminum Carbon Composite or something very close to that. They are what I shoot and have shot for 6 or so years. I obviously like them. They do not bend easily at all. In fact, I almost always can "recycle" the used hunting arrows. Makes me feel like they are lucky too.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:09 AM

I use the AC superslims. They are a little better than the FMJs. That is weight and straightness tolerances. I am not sure that it would matter unless you are shooting long distances.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:36 AM
Dominant Buck

I have a similar question.

I don't mind spending a little extra if there's value added. Right now....I shoot Carbon Force Radial X-Weaves (hunters) for about $6 ea, fletched. Now I DO have some different tips/Vanes ( blazers) and nocks put in them.....but all said and done they're not $10 ea.

Does the arrow REALLY make a lot of difference??? Just wondering????
Old 01-15-2007, 10:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I have a similar question.

I don't mind spending a little extra if there's value added. Right now....I shoot Carbon Force Radial X-Weaves (hunters) for about $6 ea, fletched. Now I DO have some different tips/Vanes ( blazers) and nocks put in them.....but all said and done they're not $10 ea.

Does the arrow REALLY make a lot of difference??? Just wondering????
IMO yes, but any quailty carbon will do. ACC are great arrow, but with today's carbon tech I do not see a need for them(for hunting). Carbon arrows when they first came out where crap, but they have come a long way. I shot ACC 5 years ago, but now shoot Carbon Express TH selects.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:58 AM
Banned

I switched to the A/C/C this summer after having a Beeman ICS explode upon release, made me want a safer arrow.I took two deer and a turkey this fall with the A/C/Carrows and they are still in my quiver and in perfect shape. Very durable arrow. Wife shot her buck with an A/C/C too. Great arrow and they shoot better than any arrow I have ever shot to date.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:13 AM
Dominant Buck

Heck I shot 5 deer with mine and their ad says they'll shoot through a concrete cinder block....lol. I'm just having a hard time believing there's a discernable difference between the quality brands.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

thanx guys....ill probably end up buying a dozen AC super slims. just for the extra 1.2gpi more..ill be looking at 450-500grs finished. right where i wanted to be. and should be shooting that about 250fps..giving me rough 63-70lbs of KE. and hopefully shooting a very GOOD durable arrow.

Quick Reply: acc and a/c arrows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.