Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cost of tuning?

Old 01-13-2007, 03:07 PM

Default Cost of tuning?

I was wondering what your pro shops charge for the simple stuff. I have a new bow that I am taking to bass pro tomorrow. Here is what I am having done: rest centered, loop installed(already have the loop, just not on), draw length adjusted, peep tubing put on the actual peep sight and adjusted to my anchor(alreasy have the peep and on the bow, just not the tubing and serving around it to hold it in place). How much would your pro shop charge for this?
Old 01-13-2007, 03:44 PM

Default RE: Cost of tuning?

If you buy the bow from us, there is no charge for labor. Buy it anywhere else, $30/hour.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:50 PM
Dominant Buck

OR... you could take it toa real proshop that has people that know what they're doing and do it up right. That's worth a few bucks. Depends on if you need new cams etc. Our bass pro shop can't keep anyone. They had a good one but screwed him around on hours etc so he left. There might be a Bass Pro that knows what they're doing, but ours sucks from all I can gather. Their customers usually end up at Len's. I think $30 an hour is low. Almost any place is probably 45-50 min. per hour.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:09 PM

I agree david, 110%!!!! I also think $30 is too low, and I've told the owner as much, but no go. Oh well.

I also agree, take it to a shop and get it set up right.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:40 PM
Fork Horn

OR... you could take it toa real proshop that has people that know what they're doing and do it up right. That's worth a few bucks.
davidmil is right...I got my bow online but took it to the local pro-shop and they treated like one of the regulars, because they knew I'd be back for other things, and have for most of my needs. When I do get a new bow I'll go see them first..ya know, that hindsight thing.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:53 PM

just got mine done for $25
Old 01-13-2007, 06:08 PM

I agree. If you want a quality job done on your bow I would go to a pro shop that carries thename brand bow that you have. Bass pro rushes through the process so they can quickly move on to the next customer, and dont give the time and effort that is needed. Maybe your bass pro is better than ours, but the one in St. Louis is like this, and I go to school in springfield,MO(BPS headquarters) and they are also like this, but not as bad. Just My opinion. If you do take it there and for some reason they dont do a quality job there is a guy that is known nationally for tuning bows. I believe his website is www.cartersarchery.com.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:59 PM
Typical Buck

I bought my bow and they set everything up on it for me. After I got to shooting it I could see the arrow was flyin pretty weird. So I brought it in and got it paper tuned free of charge.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I first got into bowhunting, I put the bow on lay-away and went to a pro shop and bought a book. I learned everything I could about tuning and I have always done my own work. I got me a small bow-press and can do everything a shop can do to a bow.Not only does it save you some money, but if something goes wrong, you can figure out what it is and fix it yourself, possibly saving your hunt.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:25 PM

Cost would be under $20 at my shop. I would never take a bow to bass pro. It would be like buying an engagement ring at Walmart.

Quick Reply: Cost of tuning?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.