Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 blazers straight or off-set >

blazers straight or off-set

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

blazers straight or off-set

Old 01-13-2007, 12:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default blazers straight or off-set

i will be putting some blazers on my arrows this week how do you guys have them fletched? i would think staight fletch would be fine since i shoot mechanical broadheads.isnt a helical used for the purpose of stabilizing the flight using fixed blade heads?
Old 01-13-2007, 02:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: blazers straight or off-set

Are you referring to your blazers parallel with the arrow shaft or at a slight angle? I believe that with any tip, fixed or broadhead you will want some sort of offset, be it an angle or a helical (the rear of the vane to the left or right of the leading edge of the vane).
Watch a football in flight, one that spins is more accurate that one that doesn’t. That's what an offset shoud accomplish.

Old 01-13-2007, 02:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Although probably not as necessary with mechs, I like to get as much rotation or spin as I can out of my arrows... Just like rifling on a gun, the imparted spin only makes it that much more accurate. Therefore, I even fletched my Blazers helical when I tried them out.

Offset would probably more than suffice though. I never like straight for anything.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:09 PM

I have done them both ways. Just recently started fletching with 6 degree right offset. I was told when I bought them that since they are stiffer than most other vanes they may not hold up to offset fletching as well, but haven't had any problems yet. I do think my bh shoot better fletching them offset, but didn't shoot bad fletched straight.
All around I like blazers and will keep using them offset unless vanes are flying off left and right which they haven't yet.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

The instructions say to off set them, the hole reason being to help the shortened fletch QUICKLY stabilize the arrow. I would go with the instructions!
Old 01-13-2007, 03:24 PM

I fletch all of mine right helical.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:14 PM

i just finished fletching mine with a right offset. and they work pretty good
Old 01-13-2007, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Generally today the rule is to offset a fletch. If you're shooting a drop away, I'd try to get as much offset as I could without screwing up the fletch job.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:53 PM

sorry but I want to add onto the question...I use a W.B can i still use the offset or will it cause a problem....thanks and sorry
Old 01-14-2007, 06:33 AM
Fork Horn

thanks guys for the feedback.i will put a slight right helical on them.i am getting the blazer shrink system from extreme archery.i see guys say it is easy to put a slight helical on them as you dip them in water.

Quick Reply: blazers straight or off-set

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.