Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sheds??

Old 01-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Typical Buck

Default Sheds??

Our season is over in wisconsin and i was wondering if anybody thinks they are dropping horns already? Also im new to shed hunting, where are the best places to look??
Old 01-13-2007, 10:38 AM

Default RE: Sheds??

Been dropping here since the middle of December. Found 9 before Christmas day. That is way earlier than normal possible the heavy snow we got in october-novemeber triggered it. Talk to guys in the south part of the province and they are all still packin. I have 5 bucks comin into the feeder in the yard at them moment and all of them are shedded. All depends on your area i guess.

I like to find where they are feeding heavy in the winter. Pretty easy to find with all the snow, then follow their trails back to their bedding areas. Hot spots are fencelines where deer have to jump.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I live in Oregon and they are gonna started dropping soon but i am not sure where the best places to look are.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'am still getting pictures of antlers. I think in my area only 1 has dropped his antlers. In a couple of weeks there should be more.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buckstomper, Hiawatha pretty much coverd it. Different areas drop at different times. Here in northern Mi, I will start seeing bare Pedestals on Bucks around the end of the first week of Jan, but have seen some carry their Racks into Mar. Seen10 pt in Kansas still wearing hiscombat gearthe first week ofApril. Hay, any time is a good time to be in the woods.Well used trails crossing Creeks and Ditches are also good spots to check. Good Luck.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

There droping here in Michigan from what I was told , haven't found any yet.
The last time I was out looking around I saw one buck with one antler off already.
I would say the best place to look would be around there bedding areas or close to the thick stuff.
When walking around those main trails , take a look at some of thosesecondary trails.
Make sureyou keep your eyesdown to the ground and look close around the thick bush and trails that have low over hanging branches.
Don't forget to check outthe swamps and marshey areas those deer love to hide in that stuff.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes i found one already and i nkow for a fact they've been dropping for 3 weeks now. I was out hunting and i seen 2 bucks with only 1 side on.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:09 PM

i haven't seen for sure yet but my uncle says they have
Old 01-13-2007, 06:26 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bullet Hole Bailey

I live in Oregon and they are gonna started dropping soon but i am not sure where the best places to look are.
Me to They start about march
Old 01-13-2007, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another great site to check out is http://www.shedantlers.org/

My future brother in law is a shed freak and this site offers the best information.........hope this helps gaining some great knowledge!

Quick Reply: Sheds??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.