HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Off Season Scouting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/174935-off-season-scouting.html)

peakrut 01-12-2007 03:17 PM

RE: Off Season Scouting

Greg,
This is my union grove spot

Germ 01-12-2007 03:18 PM

peak I like the spot I just put a red blob by. South end of the field. Not know what is across the street, but if there is some woods I bet during the rut you could catch one sneaking through there. You could get to the stand with disturbing the bedding area.

peakrut 01-12-2007 03:20 PM

now if you get in the woods maybe 25-30 yards from there is one heck of a beaten path that crossed the crick to the south. That is exactly the spot I took a look at tuesday and want to put a stand up and from the farm to that corner I can sneak in no problem. You just got me pumped for that one thanks.

peakrut 01-12-2007 03:21 PM

25-30 yards west that is

Germ 01-12-2007 03:23 PM

ORIGINAL: PEAKRUT

Thats not a bad idea but I know no matter what I will bump deer
and trying to get there in the dark is a challange.
Where you start to go in from the highway you marked to the south
they bed big time. Heck they bed all over that property.
Its one of those damned if I do damned if i dont. But the 2 hours ahead
might just work. I only wear my boots when hunting so hopefully that wont be a issue. You know my uncle likes to take the catapiller out and play I might just ask him to make me a trail to it?
Yes cut a nice trail to get in and out, the two hour deal is to beat them back to the bedding area. Would I used a tractor for a trail, no. I would start a nice trail for me and keep it clean of sticks. Twice a year.

I only would hunt it during the rut, I bet the first day is awesome!!!

Germ 01-12-2007 03:26 PM

ORIGINAL: PEAKRUT

now if you get in the woods maybe 25-30 yards from there is one heck of a beaten path that crossed the crick to the south. That is exactly the spot I took a look at tuesday and want to put a stand up and from the farm to that corner I can sneak in no problem. You just got me pumped for that one thanks.
Yes i seethe crick, I like it!!! looking at it you can catch them coming off the farm to the south also

peakrut 01-12-2007 03:29 PM

Germ thank you much for the advise it will be put to use. I do put a cam by that stand in the southwest corner area and the times are usually around 04:30 am heading south to southeast and 07:30 pm towards the north or northwest. Sept-oct sunrise is usually i think 5:45ish and sunset from 07:15 down to 6ish then of course adjustments going into nov.

Germ 01-12-2007 03:29 PM

I like the southwest corner also, looks tought to get to, but you have 2 fence rows coming together. What does the woods look like I circled.

Germ 01-12-2007 03:32 PM

nice spot!!!

Do you have any food plots planted?

peakrut 01-12-2007 03:34 PM

I have to get permission to walk that field if I want to get to that corner using it. From that corner to the east is the thickest stuff on the whole property so I stay out of it. Now have I ever been on that field, yes.
It his a small hill going down to that corner. The woods to the west only get hunted during gun season and a very nice highway from them to that corner. From that corner it comes out where you drew the line to my stand near the fence and goes on the south property heads east and onto the property where nobody hunts which is south of the farm by the corner of my new GERM stand lol Makes sense?

ORIGINAL: Germ

I like the southwest corner also, looks tought to get to, but you have 2 fence rows coming together. What does the woods look like I circled.