HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   do decoys work for deer??? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/174848-do-decoys-work-deer.html)

bullet hole murphy 01-11-2007 11:15 PM

do decoys work for deer???

Has anyone used decoys for deer hunting and do they work???

Washington Hunter 01-11-2007 11:19 PM

RE: do decoys work for deer???

Never used one personally, but yes they work.

Next question?

mobow 01-11-2007 11:19 PM

ORIGINAL: bullet hole murphy

Has anyone used decoys for deer hunting and do they work???
No, I haven't used them, but yes, they work.

isatarak 01-12-2007 12:56 AM

Seems like every year I think about getting one to try, but don't. Maybe next year.

buckeye 01-12-2007 02:09 AM

They sure do work. Look at this BRUTE who came into the decoy this fall :D. The doe and fawn ignored it but this little guy (button buck) actually postured at the decoy for a couple minutes. It was fairly amusing to watch thefawn buckact like atuff guy [8D]

BullRider115 01-12-2007 04:14 AM

I started using one this year and man was it awesome. I shot a doe second week of October with her nose inches from a white flag I attached to her rear end soaked in Tinks. In the first week of November I attached a small six point rack. I worked a nice ten a couple hundred yards across a soy field only to blow the shot at fifteen yards. Brought in a basket seven that was a little cautious and never came out of the thick but was only ten yards to my right side also had a spike stand and swell and pin his ears back five yards from the decoy for about fifteen minutes. My opinion they work very well in bringing deer across fields and large openings you may have never got a shot across.

stikbow26 01-12-2007 07:27 AM

Ikilled my 140 class this year as he came in to kick my decoys a$$, i also have a bunch of footage of other bucks walking around it and posturing..What we have found out we use a buck decoy and only use one antler so even the little bucks will challege it.. Walt

killzonearchery 01-12-2007 07:36 AM

I think thst they work pretty good. I have not used one but a lot of people i know do.

CTJohnB 01-12-2007 10:41 PM

I am considering one for this comming year only I am thinking 2 standing and one laying down so I'll have a total of 3 to simulate a deer heard, I wonder if that'll work as wellas a single standing one or do you think it would deter others from joining I think they are social animals aren't they?
what do you guys think

Rickmur 01-13-2007 05:45 AM

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

They sure do work. Look at this BRUTE who came into the decoy this fall :D. The doe and fawn ignored it but this little guy (button buck) actually postured at the decoy for a couple minutes. It was fairly amusing to watch thefawn buckact like atuff guy [8D]

Are you set up right in this pic. I thought a buck will generaly approch from the rear of the decoy. Of course this little guy proves me wrong but he is just that, a little guy. And if your buck hunting wouldn't you use a buck decoy?