Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do men change when they can't hunt? >

Do men change when they can't hunt?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do men change when they can't hunt?

Old 01-11-2007, 09:27 AM

Default RE: Do men change when they can't hunt?

I get bored this time of year when hunting is winding down. I could see how it would be easy to fill your time with not so productive habits such as drinking. Luckily I am an avid fisherman and Turkey hunter so I just have to make it through Jan and Feb until the fishing action picks up.

My wife is cool and doesn't give me to much grief about my hobbies, the only time I hear anything is when I am getting carried away and have not been home much for a couple weeks (ie: Nov 1-14) .

I do agrre with everyone else that the drinking thing sounds like a deeper problem than just missing hunting and he will need to decide for himself that heneeds toget hisact together..
Old 01-11-2007, 10:09 AM
Typical Buck

If I have my mind set on getting out in the woods during the season and for any reason I don't get out to the stand my wife says that she can barely stand to be around me.I get the same way if I don't get to the gym enough and there are things that factor into my mood(work and sleep) being the two main things. In the offseason I keep myself busy snowboarding ,ice fishing, wakeboarding , mtn bikingand playing basketball.

I amnot qualified to answer anything about the drinking problem sorry.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:19 AM

In my professional opinion, why are you making statements like "don't want to bother him?" You also describe him as an alcoholic. I would like to think that a wife can "bother" her husband with what she is thinking and feeling, and a husband with wife. At some point you are going to want more, but it is your right to to stay in any legal relationship.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would be if i could not hunt.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Now If you do read the forum often (as you said in your post)..You know we rarely stay on topic for long and usually poke some fun along the way. Especially after all the good advice has been dished out !

So perhaps if you post a picture of Yourself and Half of your husbands stuff (prefferably Bows, Tree-stands etc along with maps to any land he owns, leases, or has exclusive permission on).
Perhaps we can help you make a better decision.. [:-]

Old 01-11-2007, 10:59 AM

Woman's POV.. he's bored.. does he go out and shed hunt? scout? hang next years stands? Both my bf and I have a hobby and second job that keeps us busy until next fall.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:09 AM

Your husband's issue really has nothing to do with hunting. Golf could just as easily be a "preoccupation." You could always do the right thing. Confront him on being an alcoholic, being depressed, that you are sick of his crap and either he dry up, get on a med such as lexapro and talk with someone/therapy, or things are done. That would be the right thing for both of you, but again it is your right to suffer in an unhappy marriage.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Atlasman said it all.

Old 01-11-2007, 12:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yea atlas said a bunch. Sounds like more of a drinking problem than a hunting problem.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:26 PM

Are you that Britney Spears lookin girl from "Scentloks Gettin Close"?If so ,your husband seems like a nice enough guy to me.

Quick Reply: Do men change when they can't hunt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.