Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My Goodness What do some of you all do... >

My Goodness What do some of you all do...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My Goodness What do some of you all do...

Old 01-10-2007, 08:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: My Goodness What do some of you all do...

You do it the American way, go into debt.Just kidding. If I was just getting started into hunting and fishing I'd probably couldn't afford some of the things needed today at todays prices.
One thing to keep in mind is to buy good quality items and they will last you a life timeor more. You don't have to buy the best.I have a pair of binocs that I paid $50 for in 1970. My 30-30 cost me$60. They bothstill work great.

PS I am a retired union carpenter

Just remember who everhas the most toys when they die, win.[8D]
Old 01-10-2007, 08:09 PM

I don't recommend going in debt. But if you can get an intrest free CC for like a year then that is an option.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

I know what you mean... I want one of them fancy bow shops like I've seen people post on here.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: wabashbowhunt

im sure that is going to all change when i pop the question to my girlfriend of 3 years and kids start popping up, but until then spend while i still have it
You got that right buddy! Before I got married and had kids,I made about 30K a year and had money to burn. I felt like I was a millionaire. Now, with a wife and two kids, making...well, quite a bit more than that, I feel like I'm in the poor house. Wow, do things change.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am the owner of a "House of Ill Repute".

LT
Old 01-10-2007, 08:33 PM
Typical Buck

I am a self employed builder, and was luckly enough to fall into it at the right time and build muti million dollar house's for doctor's and laywer's. i have even built one for a pro bass fisherman
Old 01-10-2007, 08:40 PM

I stand in front of bass pro and beg for money.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not rich, but I do pretty good. I hunt with the same rifle I bought new 34 years ago. I bow hunt with the same $200. bow I bought 7 years ago. My biggest investment is in land, but the land I bought has doubled in value in less than 8 years. I compare all the yearly (gotta have the newest, fanciest bow each year) to when I was a kid and everyone was trying to have the fastest car or loudest stereo.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:54 PM
Fork Horn

ya but i cant wait for that change...i dont spend all money on hunting equipment...i own a home and i have my truck and her car and i just bought 70 acres of crp ground north of town that i cant do nething with for another year and a half. but that will give me time to save some more for a downpayment on the home im going to have her father the general contractor build . the girlfriend is in her last year of school to become a Occupational therapist. we agreed that she would work for a couple years so we can knock off the student loans and for insurance since i am semi selfemployed to have some kids
Old 01-10-2007, 09:21 PM
Typical Buck

I'm 23, been out of school for 1 year, and work for a construction equipment manufacturer as a design engineer. My main goal this past year has been to save money......and that will be one of my priorities for the rest of my life. Hunting is my #1 hobby, but I've always been a little on the conservative side (note, I did not say cheap). I would like a new high-tech, ultra fast bow, but the PSE Beast that I've been using since I was 16 still does the job. When I buy something, I invest in it b/c I know that I will use it until it has finally seen its better days. The PSE is still going strong at this time so I will probably use it for at least a few more years.

I always say, buy what you like if it is within your budget.
EDIT: I completely agree with this statement by isatarak: "I compare all the yearly (gotta have the newest, fanciest bow each year) to when I was a kid and everyone was trying to have the fastest car or loudest stereo."

Quick Reply: My Goodness What do some of you all do...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.