Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My Goodness What do some of you all do... >

My Goodness What do some of you all do...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My Goodness What do some of you all do...

Old 01-10-2007, 06:09 PM

Default RE: My Goodness What do some of you all do...

In our best Dr. Evil voice:

We all make ONE MILLION DOLLARS........

Like others said, it's all about priorities and of course how much money you've got [8D]

I don't have much of asavings, but I've got some dang cool hunting stuff..

Old 01-10-2007, 06:37 PM

I have a wife and an 18 month old son that I fully support. My wife works to pay her car payment and so she can have spending money. I am a teacher that makes a little over 33K a year. Which isn't much at all. I pay our motgage, electric, water, gas, phone, cable, my truck, insurance, food, and put money in a savings account every month so my son can go to college. I save money here and there and buy things a little bit at a time. That has worked for me.

I should have added, I also work in the Summer, so I make a good chunk of change there. I mainly use it for my goodies.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am fortunate in that I am a business owner and have been in my business for 25 years.I spend a reasonable amount of money on hunting related things every year.An annual out of state trip,replacing equipment as needed.Even though I can afford to spend considerably more than I do,I am all about function and practicality.I will spend for very good equipment and then take care of it and use it for a very long time.I don't like to spend money needlessly.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:23 PM
Fork Horn

i think i have u all beat..im 21 no kids and im invested in alot of oil and have a pretty good salary on top of that.....if i see somthing i want i go get it ...im sure that is going to all change when i pop the question to my girlfriend of 3 years and kids start popping up, but until then spend while i still have it
Old 01-10-2007, 07:25 PM
Typical Buck

I order drinks for convenience stores. I don't make a million, and never will unless I win the lottery. When it comes to fishing and hunting I spend as little as possible. My bow is a McPherson Ultimate I boughton Ebay. I won't buy a new one unless it's a deal. Even if I had the money to spend, I'd probably never drop $1200 or so on a new bow, I'm too cheap. If the same results can be acheived with less money spent, I'm all for it. In the end though, I can't pass up a deal. If I see something like that $1200 bow on sale for $300, you can bet I'd buy two. To each his own, I don't think less of the guy spending all of that money, that's his preference and his choice. He likes pretty new things and I'll tell him how nice his new stuff is.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:26 PM
Dominant Buck

Welfare. You'd be surprised to see what a food stamp can buy.[8D][8D] Not really, I'm retired.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:29 PM
Fork Horn

I'm a 23 year old carpenter and have a wife 3 kids a dog andtwo bad habbits, thats hunting and fishing, i support my family all on my own and like everyone has said its all about priorities,of course my family comes first then the hunting and fishing, there was another topic on here about spending limits and a poll, on avarage i spend between 4500.00 and 5000.00 a year on hunting and fishing, thats includes new gear, out of state trips and tags,ect....i purchase a new bow every year if not two a year. but i'm not bragging just wanted to let you know how us normal everyday hard workers do it...

Old 01-10-2007, 07:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am a Christian School Principal / Teacher. Doesn't pay a whole lot so I also work with developmental disabled folks in a group home part time. I also preach at the prisons and am our church's Sunday School Superintendant. God is my first love ..... my wife and kids ..... then hunting ...... then fishing
Old 01-10-2007, 07:50 PM

im 16 go to high school and mow one yard a week during the summer. every penny of mine is either saved for future hunting trips or spent on hunting stuff. i prob spen 500-1000 a year on hunting stuff no more than i make, and i have enough saved up for 3-4 hunts just gotta pick where to go and for what.

i have found that eventually, unless you just have to get new stuff, you will work up a big enough arsenal of supplies and equipment that the buying slows down. what gets me is picking up new types of hunting and getting decked out for that such as waterfowl this year which has turned me back into a penny pincher[:'(].

o well thought id share, and by my sig youd think i waste alot of money on weapons but ill use my bow for 5+ years and my benelli for even longer so that is justified in my opinion.

i think that any money spent on hunting isnt a waste because this is how i spend nearly all of my free time and love it more than anything in the world by a mile, besides family and a few friends.[8D]
Old 01-10-2007, 08:04 PM

I guess I cheat a little bit. my full time job is in car sales, I've been doing it 22 years now. I have an understanding wife, 2 wonderful kids and a dog. I take my wife hunting during our gun season,and she understands my Archery Passion. I make extra $ with an archery website. (I won't plug) and there's the cheating. It's a little extra to pay for the archery habit or should I say ...addiction.

Quick Reply: My Goodness What do some of you all do...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.