Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Face masks

Old 01-10-2007, 02:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default Face masks

Was wondering how many of you wear face masks? I do but I am very particular in that they cant bother my peripheral vision and also dont limit the sounds i hear. I notice that most guys on the tv shows dont seem to wear any for whitetail. Does anyone know of a website that sells Predator face masks??
Old 01-10-2007, 03:00 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Face masks

I'm really adamant about this product.....

I tried several facemasks and gloves before buying the Under Armour, this year. I can't imagine not hunting without them, now. I used to NOT wear a facemask because I feared for the hearing loss.....but this one is AWESOME! The gloves are a perfect set, too. I'm happy I stumbled onto them.

Old 01-10-2007, 03:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

I used to wear that span - o - flage face mask but I found it's alot easyer to put the war paint on.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used to use the more mesh/cloth type mask which was ok, but it faded and wasnt the best quality. This year I upgraded to Scent Loks mask, when it was on clearance at gander. I love this thing, it has mesh around the ears so it dosnt obstuct hearing, and the area around the mouth can be pulled down.Plus its Scent Lok
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f288/zdeerslayer/camo.jpg
Old 01-10-2007, 03:08 PM
Dominant Buck

RD....I'll STILL paint my face in the early season....due to heat. I used to worry about wearing the mask and not practicing with it. I had to remove it from over my mouth at full draw with my release finger.....the day I took my first deer....because I couldn't set my kisser button.

Recently ....I did away with the kisser button....and I won't have to worry about that, again.

Face paint still has its' place, too. Granted.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:19 PM
Dominant Buck

I've always worn a face mask. I used to make all my own. I even wear them in the dead of summer when it's 90 degrees at 7PM and I'm hunting on a crop damage permit. I always buy one that has some way of pulling the mask tight around my eyes so it won't effect my vision if I turn my head. GMMAT, if you need to get better hearing cut slits and poke your ears through them. I do that with my scent lok mask. If I buy a mask that has two separate eye holes the first thing I do is cut out the junk between them.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

face paint, so you look like dork in your picture!!!

Old 01-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Agreed.... I should have added that when the weather gets chilly , I'll put on a fleace face mask for warmth.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:24 PM
Banned

http://www.predatorcamo.com/store/accessories_104.html

Available in fall gray too.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:34 PM

I use a light, mesh face mask for bowhunting early to mid-season, and wear a baclava usually from then on, when it starts to get colder.

Quick Reply: Face masks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.