Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Homemade lighted nocks >

Homemade lighted nocks

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Homemade lighted nocks

Old 01-09-2007, 11:10 AM

Default Homemade lighted nocks

I found this link on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Archery+homemade+lighted+nock

Its a real aesy wat to make your own lighted nocks for about $3.50 a piece. I just made my first one and it works great. I bought the bobber and light at my local bait shop for $7 but I found just the replacement lights online for $3.49.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Homemade lighted nocks

Here is another build along:

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=037004;p=1
Old 01-09-2007, 11:51 AM

Good link, I think I'll try the rubber tubing next time.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:12 PM
Dominant Buck

Guys.....they're $9 (lumenoks) and they last a while. Why would you want to build your own?

Just curious?????

If you count your time and fuel costs (along with your materials and tools).....what have you really saved?
Old 01-09-2007, 12:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

GMMAT..you can buy crested arrows & longbows etc etcand such too..why make'em yourself. It's fun, it's a hobby. I've made lighted nocks it's cheap and easy.

Plus the ones I bought didn't last nearly as long.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Dominant Buck

It's fun, it's a hobby. I've made lighted nocks it's cheap and easy.
That's cool. I was just wondering if people found them cost prohibitive. If I had to get them on all my arrows.....I'd think they were.....but I usually onlyget one shot (don't we all???....lol).....so I keep it on the arrow I keep nocked. The rest don't have them. I "might" use 2 a yr (one, this past yr.....that I lost).
Old 01-09-2007, 12:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you count your time and fuel costs (along with your materials and tools).....what have you really saved?

I guess $72 a dozen. Assuming lumenocks cost $9 a piece, that you have the tools, and that you pickup the materials while you're already at the store shopping for other things.

Never really used either. But I do know that they may come in handy. The other day I wasshooting at the club at a Buffalo Target at about 60 yards over a ravine. Couldn't see where the arrows were impacting from where I was standing.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:26 PM
Typical Buck

I enjoy making them as well.
I did have a problem with glueing the junction together, I like the idea in the second link to drill a hole in the side of the nock.
Thanks for the links
Old 01-09-2007, 12:35 PM
Dominant Buck

I guess $72 a dozen
Cool, I guess, Bob.....that'd be $6 a yr if you only used one!

And I agree that they do come in handy. I appreciated having mine when I was sighting in my new bow a month ago.

Old 01-09-2007, 12:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Cool, I guess, Bob.....that'd be $6 a yr if you only used one!
I guess, if I only used one, I'd have to put some weight on the back of all the other arrows that I use in order to keep the same FOC and arrow weight. In the scenerio that I used, it would have been nice to use six. I'm assuming that a person would want them on all their arrows. Maybe I'm wrong. Like I said, I've never used them before. But I would want all my arrows consistant.

As you can probably tell, I also go through a lot of arrows. I'll usually bust/bend one everytime few times that I go to the club.

Quick Reply: Homemade lighted nocks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.