Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The buck

Old 01-08-2007, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default The buck

i have seen a monster on 2 seperate occasions near my woods at night but never during the day. he is a 5 by 5 with 2 droptines. i found some nice rubs the other day that i think could be his.im going to put a trail cam out on the path that leads from the only creek crossing from one woods to another that i found the rub at. hopefully i will have some good pix shortly. my question is is there nething i can do to ensure he stays in the area. there is plenty of food around as im in the midwest and surrounded by bean and corn fields and the woods has plenty of acorn and persimmon trees.

Old 01-08-2007, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The buck

try and keep human scent in the area to a minimum...cameras are ok, and there should be no reason for him to leave a good home
Old 01-08-2007, 08:02 PM

Persimmons in Illinois? Geee, I always thought those were tropical fruit. How far south is "wabash county"?

As for your situation, I wouldn't go backin thereon a nice windless day. Wait for conditions to be unfavorable before you set up a camera. This way, there's less chance the buck is out and about. Good luck.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:12 PM

Mt. Carmel i think right.because i live in Fairfield if u know where that is
Old 01-08-2007, 08:12 PM
Fork Horn

Just north of I64 on Wabash river
Old 01-08-2007, 08:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you want to make sure that he stays in your area all year , you could try to put out some mimeral blocks , salt blocks and other sources of protine for the winter months.
You might want plant some food plots like clover and apple trees or throw out some corn , carrots and sugar beets if it's legal in your state.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:15 PM

its not in illinois
Old 01-08-2007, 08:15 PM
Fork Horn

Yep im from Mt. Carmel. ive got buddies that have land leased up in wayne county.
Do u know anybody that drives a blue jeep with license plate Goff and sum number?
Old 01-08-2007, 08:16 PM

no i sure dont but i do hunt on som land about 10 minutes toward fairfield on the highway (u do know where fairfield is right?)
Old 01-08-2007, 08:17 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah I use lemonds honda

Quick Reply: The buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.