Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What do you guys fear when in the stand? >

What do you guys fear when in the stand?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do you guys fear when in the stand?

Old 01-08-2007, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What do you guys fear when in the stand?

getting attact by a tree rat...........
Old 01-08-2007, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been buzzed by owls and hawks a few times, worried that they won't realize thier mistake in time.

Mostly worried about hang on stands I've left up for awhile and not been to visit and bees building a nest in it

Old 01-08-2007, 02:37 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Slipping in wet rubber boots on the way up and catching my sac on a tree step. Sans the sag, up the annie, cause for concern.
I changed my mind. Being struck by lightining pales in comparrison to this senario![:-]
Old 01-08-2007, 03:35 PM
Spike

Since I hunt primarily on public land, I always fear another hunter coming by me and screwing up my hunt. It hasn't happend for a while, but still think about it every time it get into my stand.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:50 PM
Fork Horn

UsuallyI fear being shot by someone else on my way to my stand(I hunt public land). Once I'm in my stand, anything in the tree with me. Once, I climbed into my stand well before daybreak. When the sun came up I found myself in the middle of a turkey roost! Having 3 birds vacate the tree within feet of me was almost too much. On the upside, if I ever get drawn to turkey hunt the property, I'll know where to start scouting.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I fell asleep a couple times this year and that was spookie,Sometimes i worry about my boat flipping on the way out.Then while im hunting i hear other boats slowing down,and start worrying about thieves.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

I've dropped my bow out of a tree twice. Two days in a row. That's what I get for using jute twine. [:@] Didn't hurt the bow. It was my old 'anchor' bow. I think the ground was injured tho'.

This year I backed my 3/4 ton truck over my aluminum climbing stand.

I don't fear any thing really. But I do get a bit nervous around some of the people that Icross paths with out on the public land I hunt. Most everybody is cool. In fact some of them are downright fun. I've met a few creepy onestho'. Maybe they just have an unfortunate creepy look to them.Still it makes me wonder if I should be prepared to jab them in the eye socket with a muzzy tipped arrow. [:-]

Old 01-08-2007, 04:19 PM
Fork Horn

Still it makes me wonder if I should be prepared to jab them in the eye socket with a muzzy tipped arrow. [:-]
Thats flippin' hilarious OMG... I can't catch my breathLOL
Old 01-08-2007, 04:21 PM
Fork Horn

missing a booner.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:29 PM
Dominant Buck

Nothing... REALLY.. we prepare, check our equipment and do it. You can't sit up there and think fear. The only thing I might fear would be a mortar attack.[8D]

Quick Reply: What do you guys fear when in the stand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.