Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 If you had to choose...? >

If you had to choose...?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

If you had to choose...?

Old 01-07-2007, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default If you had to choose...?

I am just wondering if you had to choose between a Bowtech Allegiance, Tribute, or Switchback, Which one would you/did you choose? I have only bowhunted one season. I am 38 yrs old and I am hooked guys. I love bowhunting way more than rifle/shotgun hunting. I have the bow in my sig right now, but I just may wanna upgrade for next year.So anyway, let the games begin.

LT
Old 01-07-2007, 09:52 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: If you had to choose...?

I would say they are all nice bows. Alot of people have their prefrence on here so you will get mixed review's. The best way I would suggest is go to a pro shop and clip one on them and see which you like best.

Good luck!
Old 01-07-2007, 09:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah Crutch I understand about trying one out. That is pretty much a given before making a purchase. I guess I just want to hear the pros and cons from those who have used these bows to hunt with.

LT
Old 01-07-2007, 10:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm probably one of the few guys who's had a brand new Allegiance, Tribute and Switchback XT hanging in side by side at their house. They're all great bows.

I'm always hesitant to say anything negative about a product which directly competes against one which I represent, and I'll tell you I felt these things before I was affiliated with anyone.

The XT is a GREAT bow; however, I dislike Mathews' grips (which I've seen people say looks like they're trying to pass a 2x4 off as a grip. I wouldn't go to that extreme, but I did order a Tronjo grip for my XT even before I bought it. I also had one on my previous Mathews). I've heard some say the strings are getting better, but just about everyone I know replaces them with aftermarket offerings. Besides those two things, I've got nothing critical to say about the bow, but keep in mind those two things will likely set you back an additional $100 at least.

The Tribute in my opinion was every bit as quiet and shock-free as my XT, and its improvement in the speeddepartmentwas extremely noticeable by the naked eye. Bowtech makes probably the best stock strings in the business, and others not affiliated with the company will vouch for this.

MyAllegiance was so close characteristic-wise to my Trib that I honestly would have been hard-pressed to tell the difference between them if I were shooting blindfolded. Given the slightly longer axle-to-axle length and another step up in performance, I walked out of my archery room nearly every time carrying the Allegiance.

Take what I write with a grain of salt if you want to because of my signature; that's fine. I only respond to give you some insights into what to look for if you've narrowed it down to these three and my personal experiences with these bows. You definitely need to go shoot all three and leave with the one you feel most comfortable with.

... and have fun doing it -- buying a bow for most people doesn't come around that often (it certainly didn't for me), so enjoy yourself and relish the experience!
Old 01-07-2007, 10:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Greg. I will be shooting these bows soon to try to decide. I bought my Tomkat with the idea that if I didn't like bowhunting for some reason, I wouldn't lose a pile of cash. Now it has gotten a little more serious. I will be laying down cash this time for a bow I plan to keep for many years. I will decide right this time before purchase. And by the way, I learned a long time ago that people who represent a company may or may not be telling the truth. I do not in any way feel your comments are leading me to Bowtech or away from Matthews. Just things for me to ponder. Thanks.

LT
Old 01-08-2007, 06:01 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm not affiliated with any of them.....and I agree with Greg. I owned (and still DO) a Switchback.....and the speed difference with my new Allegiance is again....noticeable. I compared it to watching NASCAR qualifying. It's obvious to anyone that they're ALL fast.....but you can tell with the naked eye when one is going faster than the others. It's that way with the Allegiance. It's just noticeably faster.....and I lose no other quality characteristics.

Jeff
Old 01-08-2007, 06:09 AM

I went and shot all of the new 2007 bows and ended up buying the Tribute. I thought the Hoyt Vectrix was a bit faster to the eye and was definitely smoother but I could not get over it's weight difference and it's appearance is less than appealing to me. But that is my opinion. I am exetremely happy with my tribute and would buy the same bow again.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

a crutch is right. You would have to shot them all. I have shot them all and liked them all for different reasons. They all have there own goods and bads.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:25 PM
t3

how is the tributes draw cycle compared to the switchbacks?
Old 01-12-2007, 08:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

how is the tributes draw cycle compared to the switchbacks?
With the smooth mods installed, they're very comparable. I think the binaries tend to ramp up a bit quicker than the single-cam experience, but just as smooth to me. The fast mods are a bit steeper, but then you're gaining 8-12 fps with them as well.

I kept my fast mods in early season, then when the temps dropped below freezing and I was going to be using stiffer, colder muscles to ease the bow back, I switched to the smooth.

Quick Reply: If you had to choose...?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.