Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 what do you consider a good season >

what do you consider a good season

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what do you consider a good season

Old 01-07-2007, 02:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default what do you consider a good season

Just wondering what you all thought goes down as a good season. Is it being in the woods alot, seeing alot of deer, taking alot of deer, taking a big deer or all of the above. To me it is being in the woods as much as possible and just getting the chance to take one
Old 01-07-2007, 02:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: what do you consider a good season

The one I had this season, but it was great not good. First I got a doe early in the season with my CB. Then when the rut kicked in I got a nice 6pt non-typical with my compound that I had trail cam pics of. Then a week later I shot a nice 300lb 8pt in the Edmonton Bow Zone (Alberta)where we had lots of cold and snow. This made for my most memorable hunt so far in my life. I also saw the biggest buck of my life up there as well!
Old 01-07-2007, 02:30 PM
Typical Buck

not falling out of a tree.I probably had the worst season yet, but it was still good, i learnt new things, saw a few deer in the early season, the weather here has a lot to do with it but you cant change that
Old 01-07-2007, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty much its just being out there in the woods for me. getting away from all the city life and the noise. Shooting deer is just a bonus.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not counting gun season

At least seeing a deer once everyother hunt even at a distance.
Taking 1 withthe bow. (I hunt eab so If I could nail a doe I atleast have a chance at a buck)
But I enjoy just seeing those bucks come right under me and knowing if it wasn't for some trumped up regulation they'd be on the wall. But hey the state is saving me the taxidermy expense.[:@]

Ps. I would have loved to have at least seen a deer at a hundred yards during 6 day firearm season this year. No Deer, also very liitle shooting. .

Old 01-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Being able to hunt with the people that you have hunted with an devloped memories with year after year, once more.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:06 PM

every season is a good season just because i am able to be out hunting and come back safe to tell the storys of that day.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:17 AM
Dominant Buck

1) Seeing my first mature buck
2) Getting a shot at the above buck
3) Seeing that same buck, again....and knowing the injury I gave him was minimal.
4) Harvesting a deer and having my Lab Ashley help me "track" her
5) Learning when/where/why the deer in "my" herd travel/eat/bed.

These were the highlights of this past year......that I feel was "successful".

Jeff
Old 01-08-2007, 06:21 AM

The best part of my season always is if I can gut and drag out a deer for my 71 year old hunting partner!
He doesn't bowhunt anymore so I only get to hunt with him during ML and the late doe season.
We have been hunting together for 17 years.
I got him back into hunting after a 20 + year strech that he gave up hunting.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:23 AM
Fork Horn

Several things
1. Not getting Hurt!
2. seeing Deer that way you know you did your scouting right as well as scent controll
3. having a good time relaxing in the tree and not being on the couch saying dam I wish I could go hunting LOL
4. Killing a deer IMO is a bonus: just being out there is the best part seeing all kinds of wildlife
5. Learning something new to improve for next year

I think I had an awesome year I saw 27 deer on STATE LAND No less, 3 Moose, 4 Bears & 7 eagles, out of all that I shoot 2 deer and was very happy about it all,

But the Coolest thing I saw this year was a chipmunck fighting to protect his acorns from 2 squirils and at the end of the 3 chasing each other around the chipmunk was on the end of a log barking at the squirils as they stood there and looked at him as if to say Yah Right! just at that moment a hawk came down through the trees right from behind me andtackles the chipmunk Rolls and tumbles twice and then flies off with the chipmunk.The 2 squirils look at each other and bolt right to the nest andraid the chipmunks stash of acorns That was AWESOME!!!

Quick Reply: what do you consider a good season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.