Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting equipment pet peeves >

Hunting equipment pet peeves

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting equipment pet peeves

Old 01-07-2007, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

Default Hunting equipment pet peeves

Do you have any? If so list them here and manufacturers........take notice! I have two from the start that deals with bowhunting/hunting clothes:

(1) Most do but some men's camo pants do not have zippers! Example: one of my favorite camo suits is a Cabela's Dry Plus suit and mine is quiet. Problem-no zipper!!! Didn't know that when I ordered it. It sucks if you are in your stand and need to relieve yourself. All men's pants should have a zipper!!!!!!

(2) Bibs. Its hard to find bibs that have cargo pockets. Thats why I love camo pants, most come with cargo pockets...6 pockets in all. Put cargo pockets on all of the bibs!!!!

Anyone else?
Old 01-07-2007, 03:17 PM

Default RE: Hunting equipment pet peeves

yah my camo coat has a stretchey bottom when ever i have it zipped up and i sit down it insteed of staying down it rides up my back pulling my shirt up
Old 01-07-2007, 03:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

hmmm... I'm sure I could think of plenty with the amount of time I put on stand... Right off the bat, I wish manufacturers making fixed position stands would use the multi-color camoflauge straps instead of the solid black ones. Those big broad black horizontal stripes on light-colored trees stick out way too much for my liking -- especially with the rise of stand thieves in recent years.

I wish I could get LaCrosse boots with Fall Gray vulcanized on them.

I wish Staghorn treestands out of Goshen, IN., was still in business (and if anyone's got any they want to sell, let me know!)

I wish my game cart I bought had nylon straps with some sort of compression buckles or ratchets to secure the deer with... It's tough balancing those big brutes on there while negotiating hills, logs and crevices.

That's all for now... I'll check back later.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bows without rear mount stabiizer holes (ie most Hoyt's, Bowtech Tomkat, and others)

Old 01-07-2007, 04:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Finding left handed items without a wait.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:46 PM

not haveing a camo option on many of the hunting accessories is my biggest one. not every one hunts from 20' up in a tree. some of us hunt other game animals, and to do so we do it from the ground. some of them see a lot better than the deer do. id just like to see a camo option on the rests and other accessories for my hunting. lots of manufacturers just give you a matt black and leave it at that. thats better than shiny but a good camo pattern like mossy oak or real tree would be a nice option. heck I wouldnt mind spending a little more for the camo vertion any way.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rickmur

Finding left handed items without a wait.
I second this one!
Old 01-07-2007, 04:54 PM

I bought a bow holder that attaches to my climber. So that my bow stays standing vertical. The major problem is thattheholdersits on the outside of the climbercross bar and in order for my bow to fit I MUST takethe quiver off or remove all the arrows.

Does anyone else have this problemOR is there a better holder out there that I can attach to my cross bar?
Old 01-07-2007, 05:15 PM

A peep sight that doesn't rotate easily. Man, I'm drawing a blank on anything else. I'm just too laid back I guess...[8D]

Nah, You're just too easy.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:19 PM

Finding a face mask that doesn't get into my eyes.

Quick Reply: Hunting equipment pet peeves

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.