Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PROBLEM

Old 01-06-2007, 10:57 AM

Default PROBLEM

ok i bought new beemen arrows for about $115 and i used them and they work great, but i've been shooting them through my whisker biscuit and the vanes start to get wavey. well i decided to buy new blazer vanes and i bought all the stuff needed to put them on (fletching jig, vane glue, vane stripper, etc.) well i took one day and did nothing but put them on and they looked great. well wenever i shot them the vanes would fly off even though i let them set for the remainder of the day. so if anyone has any suggestions on what to do or anything that would be greatly appreaciated.
Thanx
Old 01-06-2007, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PROBLEM

Did you clean the shaft before you put the blazers on? Also it your using any helical or offset you have to take speical care to ensure a proper bond. Also what jig are you using?
Old 01-06-2007, 11:01 AM

yeah i bought fletch prep and cleaned'em real good but nothing is working..
i have a bohning fletching jig.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man I don't know what to tell you. I've never used the bohning jig but I've never had any problems doing them with my bitzenberger. The only other thing I can think of is that maybe you didn't put a dab of glue on the front of the vane. That's all I can think of...
Old 01-06-2007, 11:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Get rid of that Whisker Biscuik and put a diffrent rest on like the Nap QuickTune 360 thats what I use and I never had a problem with my fletchings.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

did you put a drop of glue at the leading edge of the vane?
Old 01-06-2007, 11:58 AM
Fork Horn

Crazy glue makes a gel type super glue it is what i us on all my flechings, feathers, blazers, and quick spinns never had one fly off that wasnot my fault. It is also alot cheaper them the fleaching glue.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:35 PM

Like the other guys said....fletch your arrows....then run a bead of fletch glue on the front end of your fletching and run it up the side of your fletching where it contacts the shaft too
Old 01-06-2007, 12:44 PM
Typical Buck

I had the same problem with the Blazer vanes. I've used Duravanes and feathers and never had a problem. The Blazers seem to not want to adhere. I've seen others post on here a spedific type of glue to use but I don't remember what it was. I didn't see much difference in the Blazers anyway so I just went back to regular vanes. They seem highly overrated, IMO. If you are getting some waves in your vanes good chance your out of tune a bit. The WB is a great rest and you can shoot good groups with it even if its out of tune a bit.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:15 PM

OK thanks for ur info but where would i buy the crazy glue stuff at ??

Quick Reply: PROBLEM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.