Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I think I found a poachers' set! >

I think I found a poachers' set!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I think I found a poachers' set!

Old 01-03-2007, 10:33 AM

Default I think I found a poachers' set!

I sat this past Sat morning and when I got out I decided to take a walk down a hedrow that is just on the inside of our property. Well I see these red splotches on a tree from about 50yds away. When I walk up to the tree I see they are the stickers that come on Ameristep screw in tree steps. I look up and about 35ft up is a tree stand overlooking an overgrown field on our property. Here is the million dollar question: Do I cut the stand down and run the risk that this JO will retalliate and start stealing our stands, or call the CO? I'm pretty sure I know who he is. He was kicked off the property that borders us this year for not having permission by the owner. CO's never got involved that time. There are houses behind the hedrow and I'm guessing he knows the person that lives in the house behind the hedrow and is parking there and entering through they're backyard. What would you do?
Old 01-03-2007, 10:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: I think I found a poachers' set!

If it were me, and it were my tree, I'd cut it down, or climb up and take it down. Either way, if I find a treestand on my property, it belongs to me.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would take the treestand down and then place a few game cameras around the area so you have proof who it is.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tough call, Take the stand down and leave a note to contact you give him a warning and hope he doesn't come back. If he contacts you then give him the stand back, He may become a pain if you just take it and keep it. However you do have that right!
Old 01-03-2007, 10:53 AM
Fork Horn

Take it down and use it. It's on your property, it's yours.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:55 AM

I'm trying to be cool about it. What I really want to do is rip his head off and crap down is neck! I think I might stop by his house and tell him to take it down and if he doesn't, I am just going to drop the whole tree.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'd take the stand down.Then I'dset upa cheap trail cam where he will not be able to see it nearthe tree. I'd leave a note on the tree and politely state that you'd like to talk to him to arrange giving him back his stand.

Make sure you let him know that he was tresspassing and tell him not to return to your property. I'd also let him know that the land is under surveillance.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Dominant Buck

Gee willikers, Beav.

Why don't youkill him??

Eddie
Old 01-03-2007, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Id do what you said,but you still have to get it documented.The guy is obviously a turd and dont feel bad about getting him in trouble.He is doing it to him self.Dont play cop,they get paid for it,let them handle it.Just make sure its more than your word against his.Dont have any contact with this guy till its handled,things can get said and people can get hurt.I hope this helps,good luck!
ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

I'd take the stand down.Then I'dset upa cheap trail cam where he will not be able to see it nearthe tree. I'd leave a note on the tree and politely state that you'd like to talk to him to arrange giving him back his stand.

Make sure you let him know that he was tresspassing and tell him not to return to your property. I'd also let him know that the land is under surveillance.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I take it down and leave a note to come and retrieve it.

Tom

Quick Reply: I think I found a poachers' set!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.