Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I think I found a poachers' set! >

I think I found a poachers' set!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I think I found a poachers' set!

Old 01-03-2007, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I think I found a poachers' set!

I would take the stand. If it were me, I wouldn't bother to leave a note. If he puts up another one, I'd have two stands.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

United States Marine Corps. 1989-1995
Desert Shield/ Desert Storm 1990-1991
Desert Sweep 1992
You have your answer right there!
Old 01-03-2007, 02:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: isatarak

I would take the stand. If it were me, I wouldn't bother to leave a note. If he puts up another one, I'd have two stands.
I left a note with my number to call if you want your stand back. The moron called I had him come to the farm to pick it up. Mr. law was there to give him a ticket also
Old 01-03-2007, 02:07 PM
Site Buck Guru

I'd go with the camera. They work good for surveilence.

Old 01-03-2007, 02:13 PM

Put a big NO TRESPASSING sign right on his stand. Someone did it to me whenI unintentionally set a stand on private land. It works!!! Just be polite. You don't know for sure who it is. It could just be a misunderstanding. I'm guessing it's not though. I would say to warn the guy and if he doesn't get off take his stand. It's legally yours.

Give the man warning though. I had a misunderstanding with land boundaries and ended up getting people ticked off at me.I had one stand stolen and got a guy pissed off at me. It was all one big mess of different people thinking different ways. My uncle told meI could hunt anywhere because that was the agreement and it turned out to be the wrong move. I'm just telling you that not everyone has ill intentions. Be polite to him until he won't bereasonable.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

way to go germ....suckin poachers....should be tried and hung in my opinion....nice picture GregH..that is too funny...was that on your property?
Old 01-03-2007, 02:22 PM

I would leave it and set up surveillance. Then find out who it is and take it, put a note up, and see if he calls.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Unless hedge rows are different in your areas, the stand is technically on the line. Hedge rows in my parts are right on the property line, which makes it pretty hard to prove which property they are hunting on. That is why I think you should talk to the property owner on the other side before you do anything. Just because the stand may be facing your property don't necisarily mean he is hunting your property. Some people like to face the tree and use it to block their profile.

You just don't want to jump the gun and make somebody mad over a simple misunderstanding. Know all the facts before taking action.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:55 PM

can you guys work this out without cutting down trees and taking stands? Do you guys not get along?
Old 01-03-2007, 04:18 PM

do this - take the stand and steps down, and leave a nice note on the tree (tied to the tree, in a ziplock bag) to come to your house, or call you to recover them and you'll be glad to do so. Or, give them to a Game Warden and have the guy contact the GM to get them back.

DO NOT do anything that would risk the guy getting hurt - thats a liability to you. Be nice about it all, thats the way to be.

What MIGHT happen in the future you don't know, you can only take certain measures and go from there.

Contact a GM, explain it to him, maybe he'll come out and witness the stand and the removal ? Video tape it even. Get the evidence, leave the note. Its about all you can do other than a stake out

Quick Reply: I think I found a poachers' set!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.