Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Confidence and Camo >

Confidence and Camo

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Confidence and Camo

Old 12-31-2006, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Confidence and Camo

An awful lot of bickering has been going on here regarding which camo is best. There is no easy answer,but consider the confidence factor. Just as you must have confidence in all of your other equiptment (bow,rest,sights,arrows and even scent elimination and containment products)you must also have confidence in the camo you wear. This can be olive drab BDU's or the latest pattern from Enigma. If you have confidence in it and your own abilities you will do well! I like Rob's idea of a series of comparison photo's, I've proposed to accomplish this at the get-together in June. Not to settle the question but to give others incl. myself an unbiased resource when making a camo purchase. The photos of course will be staged but each pattern will be photographed in the same set-up. This will never end the debate (Ford vs. Chevy) but may be helpful to others in our forums.

edit: added the n in confidence in the title.
Old 12-31-2006, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Confidence and Camo

Confidence in camo means nothing when you get busted and it ruins an opportunity. IMO, it's effectiveness is much different than other equipment that rely's on a human to perform.

I will only wear Predator, and I've tried many! It just works better!
Old 12-31-2006, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wear predator also and am very happy with it. I use the evolution which fas a lot of yellow and tan in it with some grey branches and leaves it works great in the river bottom I hunt cuz ther'es a lot of sand and scrub oaks with retained leaves well into spring. However when I', in my treestand in the cedars it doesn't work as well, something darker and more busy may work better. In bare trees and skylit I can see many other open patterns that would work well also including Fall grey and skyline Horizon. You relly need to tailor it to a given situation, no one pattern will work in all situations.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey, you may have a new jingle for them "Wear Predator, it works Better"
Old 12-31-2006, 01:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hear ya. I chalk it up to market issues. It's big money and I believe these forums are used to sell things. No big deal.

As far as camo goes I have been waiting for what I heard the military has, camo that changes with it environment.

I don't understand why people get all defensive about something unless they either have some thing personal to gain or the company they are defending deserves it ie. great product at a price that has the customer in mind, they really want to help me be better at what I want to do. Not line their pockets, regardless of whether they can demand that price or not. The company treats others as they would like to be treated. I'll beat the drums for them. The company that charges what they can get has gotten all they will from me, a couple bucks and a yes I use it, yes I like it, not much more.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: The Lone Wolf

Confidence in camo means nothing when you get busted and it ruins an opportunity. IMO, it's effectiveness is much different than other equipment that rely's on a human to perform.

I will only wear Predator, and I've tried many! It just works better!
Lets not go there tonight. Every camo works, some better then others in curtain instances, lets just all agree that camoflage asa whole works, its that simple. Any camoflage is better then sitting in a tree wearing a purple and pink dress, but maybe thats just me.I will wear any camo I get my hands on. I'm not picky, if it fits, and it will help conceal me from animals, I'll wear it.
Old 01-01-2007, 12:15 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

I wish someone would make a camo that works in cattails/ tall crested wheat grass that is common in the CRP around here. I've never found camo that is light coloredenough. Everything is TOO dark !!

Anyone know of lighter tan/brown camo??

Tim
Old 01-01-2007, 01:02 AM

ORIGINAL: Zdeerslayer

, some better then others in curtain instances,
And what IS a curtain instance?[8D]
Old 01-01-2007, 07:06 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm serious, buy some skyline apparition in cotton. The more it fades the better it gets in weedy situations. It doesn't have to have all the sticks and grass to hide you.

Old 01-01-2007, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TJF

I wish someone would make a camo that works in cattails/ tall crested wheat grass that is common in the CRP around here. I've never found camo that is light coloredenough. Everything is TOO dark !!

Anyone know of lighter tan/brown camo??

Tim

Have you looked at predator evolution? It's tan and cream mostly with some greys, I'll see if I can find some of my pics. Or how about a waterfowling pattern like MO shadow grass?

Quick Reply: Confidence and Camo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.