Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 DART SHOOTING SYSTEM. >

DART SHOOTING SYSTEM.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

DART SHOOTING SYSTEM.

Old 12-30-2006, 06:58 PM

Default DART SHOOTING SYSTEM.

Im going to be doing a match and first place wins nice arrows and much more,What I want to know if there is any help on here from shooters that have tried it,on video interactive shooting system it's a 20 yard range and at that range I can hit a dime but is there any advice on scoring better,Are the vitals on animals accurate or off,How much time will it give you to shoot at video,Is it aset time or various,what is the most challenging and least challenging disc. PLEASE REPLY
Old 12-30-2006, 07:00 PM

Default RE: DART SHOOTING SYSTEM.

I've only shot one of these systems once, but as far as I noticed, the vitals are accurate. I haven't shot one of these in a few years, so I don't really remember how they were timed or anything.

I guess I'm really not that much help. [&:]
Old 12-30-2006, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Take the first broadside it offers,it alwayse offer at least 1.
Always wait till the animal stops walking.
There is a timer in the corner to tell you prep time is almost up,draw when it is 80% burned.
After you shoot,put another arrow on the string and hang your bow.
Who knows if the machine is calibrated correctly? youll find out after the first round.Try not to shoot first.Watch impact and score.If it is off,Just shoot for viddles.You will do well
Old 12-30-2006, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

On the system I shot the vitals seemed a tad lower than I would have thought. Also, you have to make sure there are no animals behind the one you are shooting at or you will lose points. Sometimes, there are animals almost hidden in brush behind the one you are shooting at, you need to wait until its clear before you shoot. Dont shoot at an animal thats moving too fast or if its a poor shot angle, you will get zero points. You'll get zero points if there are trees/brush in the way so make sure there is a clear shot to the vitals. There is a time limit, sometimes when you think the shot isnt good enough and you wait, you time yourself right out. Also, remember, it is a fixed 20 yards, if the animal seems further away, the kill zone gets smaller but the yardage is always the same.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

We have one at our bowhop that I shoot regularly. Be patient but keep the time limit in mind. Most scenarios will last 15-20 seconds max. The whitetail vitals are about 1-2inches lower than those that most 3-D shooters are use to. Just make sure its broadside and staying still, and concentrate on each shot.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:49 PM

Old 12-30-2006, 08:28 PM

Pray that you don't have to shoot the turkey head disc.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MO_Bowhnter

Pray that you don't have to shoot the turkey head disc.
Or the small game round. [:@]
Old 12-30-2006, 09:22 PM
Host of Hosts

Looks like everyone has covered all the info you'll need to know. Just go out and have fun. Don't take it too seriously. Not all systems are foolproof there will be computer glitches and errors at times.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

They are a heck of a way to learn how to punch a release too.........they are fun though.

Quick Reply: DART SHOOTING SYSTEM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.