Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 POS Gorilla Treestand cost me Buck >

POS Gorilla Treestand cost me Buck

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

POS Gorilla Treestand cost me Buck

Old 12-31-2006, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: POS Gorilla Treestand cost me Buck

Grated platforms are the worst in making noise IMO. Besides that, over time those little spot welds can break loose. Glad you were not hurt.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Shouldn't have stood up IMO.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:52 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: James Vee

Shouldn't have stood up IMO.
Typical lame comment on here....so I am never supposed to stand up in my tree stand?????? Plus I have to stand up to shoot, the stand has the rail around it.

Thanks for all the input guys. I am going to call the company and see what they say. I looked for my receipt and can't find it so I might be out of luck on any kind of replacement. I just want them and everyone else to know so no one gets hurt. Oh and for all of you that says this is a Walmart special...it isn't. As far as I know this model was never sold at Walmart and it cost me $190. I bought it at my local archery shop and it came highly recommendedby everyone there even though they sale Summit and API. I plan on going to talk to them as well. My dad has a welding shop so my next trip to Alabama we will be welding on a solid plate of aluminum to the bottom.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

got a buddy that welds so i think i will get him to weld it a little more on the bottom no this is the greyback the walmart special is the wolverinesry to hear that though i was reccomended this stand over a few summits as well but found 54 dollars worth of a wally world special taht said i was getin a better new bow
Old 01-01-2007, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have many Gorilla treestands, and I think they are all great. They stayout throughout the season and have shown very little wear to them. For the money Ihaven't been able to find better.

Every Lone Wolf is a little expensive for me, butfrom what I have heard they arethe top stands on the market and I would love to have one if I could afford it.

Ialso don't use climbers though for many different reasons.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just one of those things, stand noise and guys take advantage to plug one. No big deal. Important thing is you didn't get hurt.

You got a good story to tell. You missed a deer and have a legitimate reason why.Unlike the rest of us who have to make one up.That's life aye.Hope you get something out of it.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Found this on another site Lone wolf's aren't perfect either.

Has anyone heard of a recall on Alfa Tree Stand by Lone Wolf?

Mine snapped before I was snapped in! The right bottom bolt of the hand climber snapped, the bracket swung around the tree, the bolt went flying into the woods, as the stand smacked into my left hand. All 195 pounds of me hugged the tree to work my way down. Covered in blood, with a lump on my left hand and deep scrapes all over my arms and legs. I immediately examined the Alpha Hand Climber tree stand to determine the Lone Wolf Alpha Climber tree stand relies on (4) bolts. Has this happened to anyone else?
my camo...huntmdown
Old 01-01-2007, 10:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

That stinks, well good luck next time
Old 01-01-2007, 10:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

all I can say is I'd of been pissed!
Old 01-04-2007, 11:41 PM
Dominant Buck

It's so easy to blame the stand. Sorry you spooked the deer. It does happen It should have been checked and rechecked when you put it in. Besides that, they probably saw movement.

Quick Reply: POS Gorilla Treestand cost me Buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.