Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 where can i find a cheap tree stand? >

where can i find a cheap tree stand?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

where can i find a cheap tree stand?

Old 12-29-2006, 09:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default where can i find a cheap tree stand?

For christmas i asked for a cheap hang-on style tree stand, i could have swore i saw some in the gander mountain ads for like $30, dont remember name or make, but im pretty sure it was there. I got a net tree seat by gorilla instead from my parents, returned it, and looked for the hang on that i saw earlier this season, but they didnt have any on display. I was wondering if anyone else saw this stand, or knows what kind of stand im talking about, or where i can find a hang on stand for this price. thanks for the help
Old 12-29-2006, 09:33 PM

Default RE: where can i find a cheap tree stand?

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1892498

edit: NVM, you want a hang on. suppose it helps to read everything before posting. LOL
Old 12-29-2006, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Schobs.. don't go this route you'll be disappointed.

When I was a little younger I bought a couple of those cheap stands. Let me tell you they're not worth the $30 bucks they cost. They're poorly made, small, and wiggle like crazy when your 20 ft. up in a tree. They're not safe. And frankly shouldn't be TMA certified.

Gorilla makes a great treestand (Baby G) that you can buy for about $50 bucks at Wal-mart, Gander, BPS etc. It's a great stand that's safe and a little less of a hit on the pocket book.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:20 AM
Typical Buck

Schobs,
I am with the Duke on this one!
This past season I bought a few cheap $30 stands and they are uncomfortable and I wish I had spent the extra 30 dollars to get a nicer one. I have a Baby Gorilla and that is a nice little sturdy stand. I am seriously looking at buying the King Kong lots of room to relax and I think it may help me increase my on stand time by an hour.
Anyway here is the link to the cheap one I bought two of and used this season.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=272807

Jim
Old 12-30-2006, 07:09 AM

I went to menards about a month ago and they had hang on stands on sale for $30 bucks. Its really comfortable and sturdy. I would try there.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the $30 stands (sorry Duke) but they are not all the same. Thefirst one I got was a gorilla Baby kong and it is great you won't find it for $30 anymore. Make sure the cheap ones you get have a seat that folds up when you stand otherwise the platform is effectively smaller. I also add ratchet straps to all my stands to really secure them to the tree. This year I'm looking for a couple new stands and would consider the gorilla or the Bigfoot.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:12 AM
Fork Horn

Try wal-mart they usually have them on sale there. I got a cheaphang-ona couple years ago, it was $25.00, not very comfortable for an all day hunt but it'ssturdy and light. Other places to look for'em is mills fleet farm.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:36 AM
Typical Buck

thanks for the help guys, i'll be keeping my eyes open now that the season is almost over and there should be some sales goin on.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:37 AM

Good advice already given!! The best stand I've found for the price was at Wal Mart. It was the Gorilla Wolverine Jr. Hang On. It was only 35 bucks and I like it just as much as my $90 Gorilla. Fleet farm and Menards as well as Gander Mountain sometimes have good deals. Good luck to you.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:23 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Hands down...........Menard's. $25.

They also have climbing stix for $25.

The stands are perfect if you are worried about theft.This year at the IL public land I hunt these $25 stands were everywhere. Everyone had the same idea.

I do not use these for my serious public land hunting where I need to be constantly mobile. There I use aluminum API AL-100's with aluminum climbing stix. Hope to upgrade to a Lone Wolf someday also.

Several public land properties I hunt allow one stand to be left up all year. At these I pick my favorite funnel and "stake it out" with one of the Menard's stands. One property requires climbers to be left with your one stand. There I got one set of the cheap heavy Menard's stix to use. Good setup but heavy. Everyone else at this property did the exact same thing, not wanting to leave expensive stands out to be stolen.

Quick Reply: where can i find a cheap tree stand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.