[:@] I found a slip for a missed delivery from Walla Walla on my door tonight. I already called UPS and had it rerouted to stay at the UPS hub so I can pick it up for a little smackdown roadtrip this weekend. I will be there to pick up my new..." />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Missed.......(**Pics now**) >

Missed.......(**Pics now**)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Missed.......(**Pics now**)

Old 01-01-2007, 08:15 AM

Default RE: Missed.......

Thats such a nice bow Like said before by gutshot '' I want to be you when I grow up!'' How many bows do you have now?
Old 01-01-2007, 03:49 PM

That is a awesome lookin bow...One of my goals this year is to get a bow setup just for target....I really like the looks of that bow Rick....
Old 01-01-2007, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

THAT IS A FINE LOOKING BOW

HATCHET JACK
Old 01-01-2007, 04:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Missed.......(**Pics now**)

Freak'in awsome!!
Old 01-05-2007, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks again guys. This one is going to be a shooter.....

Lucky for me (still setting scratch scores for multiple leagues) I am still working some tuning things out with my new toy that are definitely affecting my scores right now.I have a set of string/cables on the way from Gibblet and a lighter set of limbs because the bow bottomed out much higher than I expected. I expect it to bottom out with the new limbs between 52-56lbs. I don't want to shoot it with any more than 1/2 a turn taken out. Right now with 2 full turns taken out it sits at 59lbs.

The string/cables are affecting me with lots of high/lows right now becausethey are still settling and it affects the timing every 30-40 shots. I can't really creep tune the bow because they are still settling and I can't get the timing to stay perfect quite yet. When I do get it timed I can say I have cleaned 15-20 vegas 10 rings in a row with it already before it creeps again and the wall will soften up and my shots start going high/low. I will say that this bow holds better than anything I have had in the past, the valley is perfect, the back wall is exactly what I am looking for (when it is in time), and I am excited for the new limbs and string/cables to be here so I can work these final things out. Initial tune on a dual cam bow is a PITA but man do I love the level nock travel, when creep tuned if I get timid on a shot and execute from a different spot in the valley it should still hit the X. This will be nice.

The bow definitely holds better than my A7 did though, I don't know if it's because of the bow, because I have the stabilizers and balance perfectly neutral, or because I have tweaked the draw length to a better position than what the A7 was at (most likely),but I can honestly hold on a 5 spot X for the entire shot execution right now from a full 20 yards. I had very slow sight picture movement with the A7 but it didn't hold like this and just stop where it was supposed to. I also have the wide axles in right now to clear the fat 30X pros but I am planning to refletch these from blazers to a low profile 4" bohning X vane tonight and may put the narrow axles in again. Not sure, the wide ones clear my arm but I don't know what I will do with this.

It's going to be another 1-2 weeks before I have everything dialed in right and then I expect to see some fantastic scores coming..........
Old 01-05-2007, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

She's a beauty.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:41 AM

looks like there will be alot of dead x's, and a ton of dead paper targets.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

WOW that is one sweet looking bow. Congrats..Shoot it well!
Old 01-05-2007, 09:15 AM
Dominant Buck

Wait a minute.....

We're shootin in the same little on-line contest (5 spot)....and you're shootin THAT???

"Hey Jeff.....Thanks for playin...try again!"

Old 01-05-2007, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Wait a minute.....

We're shootin in the same little on-line contest (5 spot)....and you're shootin THAT???

"Hey Jeff.....Thanks for playin...try again!"

No worries........the stabilizer and lens don't really make that big of a difference. Last summer in June when I was conditioned well and had time to shoot enough I actually shot a 299 44X 5 spot target with my 70lb Apex 7 using a pins sight and short stabilizer..........from 30 yards.

Most guys notice maybe a 1-2 point difference between an open class setup like my Scepter 4 and a higher poundage hunting type pin sight bow with a short stabilizer if it is known distance.

Quick Reply: Missed.......(**Pics now**)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.