Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Need Help With Lumen Nocks >

Need Help With Lumen Nocks

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need Help With Lumen Nocks

Old 12-25-2006, 09:09 AM

Default Need Help With Lumen Nocks

Hey guys well i got some lumennocks this morning for christmas and put one in and it lit up ok but i cant get it to shut off. I pulled it out to where it would shut off but they say you just wiggle it and it will shut off. I had to really pull to get it to come out just enough to shut off.
So if someone can help/ tell me what im doing wrong that would be Great.
Also arnt they supose to light up as they leave the string?

Please help. Mike

Merry Christmas
Old 12-25-2006, 09:25 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Need Help With Lumen Nocks

They really tempermental. You need higher poundages, over 60, just to get them to light and then they're iffy. You have to turn them fidget with them just to get them to light. And yes, they're suppose to light when they leave the spring. Len got some in and we were playing with them. He was trying them out of different bows etc. While I was there we could never get them to work any where near as advertised. IMO, they're a POS. No consistancy and add $$$ to the price of your arrow. They're bright when the fly but they suck more than perform.
Old 12-25-2006, 09:37 AM

Yeah im kinda seeing that. I think im just gonna package them back up and send them back and get something eles.
Old 12-25-2006, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a single one for myself while christmas shopping, it works fine.
I'm shooting aluminum arrows from a 55lb bow, and as long as I leave a hairs width from the contacts to the shaft it works like a charm, turns off when I work it back out a little.
Maybe I got lucky, but I wasplanning topick up a few more.
Old 12-25-2006, 10:15 AM
Typical Buck

I bought a 3 pack and have never had a problem with them. To get them to turn off all I do is but the nock on the bowstring turn it a little then turn it back so that it lines up with the fletching and it is off. I have also had them light up everytime I shot them. The only problem i had is I was shooting them on a very bright day and forgot the turn one off.
I don't know if I will use them next year yet or not, but I have nothing but positive feedback after using them.
Old 12-25-2006, 03:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have 3 of them myself, and I think they are great. No problems with them at all. It is a little hard to tell if the light is on in the bright day light, but if you cup your hand around it, you can see if it is on or not. I know I will be getting some more of them before next year.
Old 12-25-2006, 03:11 PM

I must have gotten a junky pack because i can get them to turn on but then i really have to pul them out to shut them off then the wont turn on when i shoot. So i dont know whats up with them
Old 12-25-2006, 03:25 PM

Let me embellish on what Dave posted. The problems encountered may be both the fault of the Luminok manufacturer and the arrow manufacturer. I think it might lie more in the realm of the arrow manufacturers, which really isn't completelytheir problem.

It's all about tolerances. Luminok is building a part that is probably more specific to one or two standard carbon manufacturers. The problem is that they may have to be modified for the four or five other carbon manufacturers. While most seem to control the O.D. to 19/64", they are NOT compelled to a specific I.D.. Some have to increasethe wall thickness to achieve spine levels. This will hamper the effective use of the Luminok.

What Dave saw me doing was modifying the Luminok to fit certain arrows - and it was a little frustrating. Then he saw me trying to get the Luminok to operate at varying clocking positions. This required 'dressing' the back of the arrow to facilitate this fault.

For instance, while the 'X' nock Luminok will fit the Axis, it may have to be modified to fit the Axis FMJ. Actually, they may even have to be modified to fit differing 'lots' of Axis.[:@]

Anyway, that's about as much information as I care to give about this subject. They can be a good product if they fit correctly.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Old 12-25-2006, 05:45 PM

Thanks alot
Old 12-25-2006, 09:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, definately could be your arrows causing the problem. They fit MOST arrows but not all. Some they fit but dont work well with...

Quick Reply: Need Help With Lumen Nocks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.