Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 This is really not fair >

This is really not fair

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This is really not fair

Old 12-23-2006, 05:06 PM

Default This is really not fair

I went to go get a new bow today. I play college basketball and have not really gotten to hunt since highschool, so when I got my drawlength measured. I came out at 32 almost 33.

I had my heart set on a new vectrix xl but they only go up to 31. Bowtech does not make any at 32. The only one I could find is a hoyt trykon xl.

couple of questions to you bow gurus out there. How does the trykon compare to other bows. Also is the trykon updated at all for 2007, and finally the guy at the shop said that it won't matter what premium bow i get because at a 32 inch draw at 70lbs I will be shooting over 300. is this true?

thx in advance

Old 12-23-2006, 05:20 PM

Default RE: This is really not fair

In my opinion the trykon is updated for 2007 it is the vectrix. Ata and brace height are the same. On the vectrix they added a smother drawing cam, and the stealth shot. You can buy an sts system and put on the trykon and achieve the same results. So the basic change is the cams. I think you would be very pleased with a trykon xl.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:05 PM

The 38 Ultra and 38 Pro go to 32".....I am pretty sure, though not 100%, but I am pretty sure your pro shop can order a Vectrix XL in 32"......I know the website only states 31, but it says the Trykon is only available up to 31....I know for sure 1 guy at our shop shoots a 32" Trykon.....Ask, they may be able to.

Yes, if you shoot a 32" draw and 70#, you will certainly be over 300 fps....Unless you are just shooting enormously heavy arrows...

It's unfortunate..you long draw guys really get the short end of the stick....Not much available.
Old 12-23-2006, 08:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah, but I can't imagine the power stroke on a 32"-er... Wow... If you could shoot an Allegiance...

What's the phrase you guys have started using? Oh yeah... I'm just sayin'! [8D]
Old 12-23-2006, 09:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I went to go get a new bow today. I play college basketball and have not really gotten to hunt since highschool, so when I got my drawlength measured. I came out at 32 almost 33.

I had my heart set on a new vectrix xl but they only go up to 31. Bowtech does not make any at 32. The only one I could find is a hoyt trykon xl.

couple of questions to you bow gurus out there. How does the trykon compare to other bows. Also is the trykon updated at all for 2007, and finally the guy at the shop said that it won't matter what premium bow i get because at a 32 inch draw at 70lbs I will be shooting over 300. is this true?

thx in advance
Actually, the BowTech Commander comes with a 32 inch draw length....

I am not mistaken am IGreg??????
Old 12-23-2006, 11:47 PM

as long as yall thought the trykon xl was a good bow, also i called my bowtech dealer and he says that they don't have any hunting bows that go to 32.

I really wanted the new vectrix or guardian, but the trykon xl blew me away. I was shooting with out a stabilizer and I was getting practically no hand shock or noise. Also as long as it will shoot over 300 then im alright with that. I wonder what size arrow i should shoot?
Old 12-24-2006, 08:13 AM
Fork Horn

I have a 34 inch draw. There really is'nt much of a selection for people with a longer draw length. I bought a parker hunter mag. Where I live that was my only option. I'm not complaining though, I really like it.
Old 12-24-2006, 09:00 AM

I would suggest calling hoyt or some of the other mfgs. they may have a solution. Who do you play ball for?
Old 12-24-2006, 10:33 AM

would a D-loop ad draw length? I know my mathews dealler warned me that the bow would have to be set up with a bit shorter draw length to compensate. my loop gives barely enough room to grab with the release jaws when there is an arrow in there. maybe that could give a little extra drawlength. then there are releases that are adjustable. they run about 50-60 bux atleast but that could give alittle extra length too. just my 2 cents.
Old 12-24-2006, 10:34 AM

would a D-loop ad draw length? I know my mathews dealler warned me that the bow would have to be set up with a bit shorter draw length to compensate. my loop gives barely enough room to grab with the release jaws when there is an arrow in there. maybe that could give a little extra drawlength. then there are releases that are adjustable. they run about 50-60 bux atleast but that could give alittle extra length too. just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: This is really not fair

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.