Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Do you think this is fair?

Old 06-30-2008, 10:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default Do you think this is fair?

I live and hunt here in SC. We have a bear season the last two weeks in October. They stop deer hunting for those two weeks. As people problay know we don't have alot of bear here in SC. I've seen one in all my years of deer hunting. They say they don't want deer hunters killing bear while deer hunting. I could understand if every time you went hunting you saw a bear, but it just seems there taking away two week of my season. Is this fair, and how do other states do it?
Old 06-30-2008, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you think this is fair?

I've been deer and elk huntingin Colorado for 11+ years and have only seen one bear. Just because you don't see them, doesn't mean they arenot there. In Colorado you can hunt bear andelk at the same time during first rifle season. Can you bait in SC, or is it spot and stalk?
Old 06-30-2008, 10:41 AM
Fork Horn

No baiting at all. First week is just still hunting, and second is with dogs.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:08 AM

WV allows hunting of both at the same time. There is a dog season for certain areas and also a season with no dogs. Wv seems to be sorta relaxed on hunting laws, except no hunting on Sundays..[:@]...
Old 06-30-2008, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: WVSPORTSMAN

WV allows hunting of both at the same time. There is a dog season for certain areas and also a season with no dogs. Wv seems to be sorta relaxed on hunting laws, except no hunting on Sundays..[:@]...
No hunting on Sundays??? I would have to start a revolution if they did that here!!![:@]
Old 06-30-2008, 11:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

Deerhunter, is that a new law that stops the deer hunting for two weeks? Doesn't your deer season start mid August and run thru mid Feb?
Old 06-30-2008, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

Deerhunter, is that a new law that stops the deer hunting for two weeks? Doesn't your deer season start mid August and run thru mid Feb?
x2, they have the longest deer season in the country
Old 06-30-2008, 12:21 PM

Since you have a nice, long season in SC, it sounds fair to go bear-only for a couple of weeks. In LA we have a long season as well, if we had enough bear to have a season, I would give up a couple of weeks to have a bear season. Just so long as it is scheduled to interrupt dog season.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

i'd bear hunt for those 2 weeks. we have more bear than you know what to do with except we have no bear season. we have so many bear there would be no reason to bait, just sit on any game trail.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

It is probably factored in to get the right amount of bear kill. By removing deer hunters, you remove alot of would be bear hunters. Less hunters means less bear shot, which means you can have a longer bear season for the bear hunters.

Quick Reply: Do you think this is fair?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.