Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who is still hunting? >

Who is still hunting?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who is still hunting?

Old 12-22-2006, 08:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Who is still hunting?

my LATE season starts the day after Christmas. ill probably be bowhunting in the morning then me and a couple buddys are heading to their camp to do some flintlock hunting and grouse hunting and relaxing till friday evening. work saturday and sunday...then i got 2 more weeks to hunt when im not working...if i aint partaking in a deer drive ill be on stand with the bow. i want my first kill with the flintlock AND the bow. i been flintlocking 5 years or so...still hunting for that one

last night i was coonhunting with a buddy and we saw an absolute MONSTER. honestly it would compete with the top bucks from the contest..when it lifted its head up my first thought was ELK. if i was in a county that had an elk population i would said i seen an elk. we were about 50yds away and he gave us a nice look. huge body..WIDE WIDE rack atleast 20 wide and the height was what really caught my attention. it was amazingly high..ive never seen tines that long even on TV...i want to try to hunt him...but hes a back yard bruiser..he probably sleeps in someones doghouse. im not sure how wide a deers rear end is(germ might know) but the rack exceeded his rear end by a good couple inches on both sides when he trotted dead away from us...amazing buck....he added fuel to my fire...late season hunting is tough around here..but he gave me reason not to QUIT...
Old 12-22-2006, 08:31 PM
Fork Horn

As soon as Christmas is over I will be back out there. I still have another month and a half to hunt here in NJ. Allowed on more buck after January 1st.... brave the cold... score buck #3 for this year is my plan. My season is not over until February 17th.
Who knows... maybe a couple more for the freezer.
DW
Old 12-22-2006, 08:41 PM
Fork Horn

Still hunting in MN. We have until Dec. 31st . Problem is the weather is to damned nice. No snow either [:'(]. Was out this morning, seen a Doe and two fawns, didn't see a thing tonight.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shot this litte one in the pouring rain today.
And 10 mins laterI missed a nice 10 point. So I was happy and sad at the same time. I will be hunting until jan 31 or until I fill all my tags.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:21 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

I'll be heading out at o' dark thirty in the morning...

My best came in the late season, too... Dec. 26.
Why is the inside of his nose yeller?
Old 12-22-2006, 09:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Season is open until December 31st, but I think I am done for the year. I just dont have the time once Christmas rolls around. Gun season ran the first 2 weeks in November, and I havnt seen a deer since then.[:@]So I was getting a little frustrated anyways. But I didnt have too bad of a season, I got a doe with my bow, and my biggest buck yet with my gun.But, you can bet that if I can sneak any free time, I will be back out there before the end.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Im going out in the morning. Nice buck JM.
Dan
Old 12-22-2006, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im with ya big daddy, I am pretty burnt myself. I will hunt Christmas day and New Years eve.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

I'll be heading out at o' dark thirty in the morning...

My best came in the late season, too... Dec. 26.
[/blockquote]

Why is the inside of his nose yeller?
Sharply angled shot caught some other junk up in there...
Old 12-22-2006, 09:52 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

I'll be of again toOhio the middle of january.

Quick Reply: Who is still hunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.