Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What to do in the off-season? >

What to do in the off-season?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What to do in the off-season?

Old 12-21-2006, 09:58 PM
Typical Buck

Default What to do in the off-season?

I am dreading the thought of the season coming to an end. But before the shed hunting starts and all that fun stuff. How do you guys spend your time?
I am thinking about getting lighter arrows and a different site and practicing shooting my long range shooting. I would just like to get the most speed out of my bow. I am sure I will have many questions to come about all that good stuff.
Would it be possible to make my own arrow starting with a bare shaft then fletch it and all that good stuff myself? How much would you think I would spend to have a top notch arrow?
Old 12-21-2006, 10:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What to do in the off-season?

I shoot my bows year round, but when deer season closes on Jan 6, I'll be doing something that I havn't been doing since deer season opened on Oct 7. I'll be spending my off days shooting my rifles and handguns. My land is my shooting range also and I havn't been shooting there since deer season commenced.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:06 PM
Super Moderator

What off season?

http://www.illinoisbowfishers.com/clickgallery/public.asp

Old 12-22-2006, 04:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Drink beer, ride motercycle and chase women!
Old 12-22-2006, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Every day is opening day .

Thats a bumper sticker hanging in our hunt camp

Seriously , practice most every day , and maybe go on a hog hunt in summer if I can stand the heat [not likely] . Season opens in August for deer in Florida , and its still too hot .
Old 12-22-2006, 05:54 AM
Fork Horn

In the hunting off season, I'm a Lake Erie Charter Captain and chase Walleyes. In the fishing off season, I chase deer
Old 12-22-2006, 06:33 AM

[/align]I also fish eire and ont.to get me though the year.I do everything I can to take more time off in the fall.That means I will work day and night and weekends so when hunting season gets here I may take up to 5 weeks off to go hunting.A few years back I started to rathole 10% of my earnings away.So when hunting season is here I still have an income to keep from getting to far behind on the bills.I am a selfemployed carpet installer and I dable in real estate investments[rentals].
Old 12-22-2006, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

There is no off season i scout im ploting my next year on mapcard and what doors i want to knock on and i shoot all year round.. Walt
Old 12-22-2006, 07:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

There are 3 seasons.

Deer Season
Crow Hunting & Indoor League season
Golf Season

If the weather holds sometimes they all overlap....
Old 12-22-2006, 07:10 AM
Banned

Predator hunt late winter, going ice fishing with TeeJay this January, shoot bows year around, and of course lots of wind with the Harley. Plus I own an old huge 7 bedroom house that we are always remodeling. Question; you know the only thing that works in an old house? Answer; the owner.

Quick Reply: What to do in the off-season?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.