Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Kansas tags

Old 12-21-2006, 04:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Kansas tags

Is it true that Kansas is going to over the counter? Will yoube able to buy deer tags over the counter?[/align]
Old 12-21-2006, 05:11 PM

Default RE: Kansas tags

not a done deal yet.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Do you think it will be? Like to hunt unit 10 sometime.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nodog, if you ever get a tag for unit 10 let me know. I can show you some places you might just be interested in.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:13 PM

Shoot, if they go over the counter I may have to put off my Idaho hunt this fall and make a trip down there to hunt instead.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Nodog, if you ever get a tag for unit 10 let me know. I can show you some places you might just be interested in.
Thanks. By the description of it, it's a beautiful part of the state.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

That goes for you also Dan, but I'm not sure the over the counter tags are going to come to light.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:58 PM

remember KS isn't a state where there'e bucks behind every tree, let along big ones

I hunt 8 days this year, PRIME private ranches with 2 friends and we saw one buck in the 160" class, all others were up to about 130" or so.

the problem is non-res goes to KS and instead of shooting a huge buck, they end up shooting a 120" buck and when everyone does that before you know it, the older age class bucks are few and far between.

sad, because KS use to be THE state to go, now I'd rank it behind IA, OH, KY, IL and maybe even MO, with some fantastic hunting in NE and the Dakota's too
Old 12-21-2006, 10:14 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Buster T

remember KS isn't a state where there'e bucks behind every tree, let along big ones

I hunt 8 days this year, PRIME private ranches with 2 friends and we saw one buck in the 160" class, all others were up to about 130" or so.

the problem is non-res goes to KS and instead of shooting a huge buck, they end up shooting a 120" buck and when everyone does that before you know it, the older age class bucks are few and far between.

sad, because KS use to be THE state to go, now I'd rank it behind IA, OH, KY, IL and maybe even MO, with some fantastic hunting in NE and the Dakota's too
MO is getting better with it's point restrictionin parts of the state (4 point minimum on one side). I wish they would expand the point restriction acrossthe entire state. I think KS is still ahead of MO in producing big bucks right now.

Back to the point...I hope KS goes OTC. If they do, I'll definitely make a trip across MO.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:34 AM

I hope so I just locked up 1000 ac of the most incredible land. It would make it alot easier.

Quick Reply: Kansas tags

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.