Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 When we first started!!! >

When we first started!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

When we first started!!!

Old 12-21-2006, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default When we first started!!!

I am not sure where this thread belongs, but it's relative to bow hunting.
When this forum got started it attracted quite a few mature and experienced outdoorsmen. Times have changed a little, IMHO.
Of course, it never lacked a time when thepot did notboiled over.

I remember once, a while back, say four or so years, when a amputee used the forum to ask for financial help and gifts.
After reviewing this guy threads, I felt he was a bit'shady' and wrote my personal views of what I felt was happening.
Iwas severly attacked and opted to avoid using the forum. This I did for an entire year, until a buddy of mine encouraged me to come back on line.
I remember my dad's saying, "when at a crab dance, you'll have to walk in mud".I Guess this holdstruefor relative situations.

What I am trying to say here is:- I have over the years gained alot from guys with many years of experience and even some new comers to the board. The forum is most times informative and resourceful.
At times we have to odd troublemaker and pot stirer,and in my opinion their threads are better left unnoticed.
In recent times the board seems to have lost quite a few of our old mature members. I remember the times when we kicked up a thread and the replies flowed, many quite intelligent. Those were enjoyable times!!!
Now the membership seems to have shifted a bit, sometimes off track.

Let us use our forum for what it was meant to be used for. We can all learn from it, no matter how old we are. A few wise cracks does add a bit of salt, but lets no go over board here.
We all love the sport of bow hunting and I for one, enjoy any article or thread that intelligently relate a hunt or piece of equipment that we usein the sport of bowhunting.
Even though young blood will one day take over, we need to keep our 'old heads' on board--they have,been there anddone that--and unfortunately 'with age' we sometimes get a bit'over sensative', but this must be tolerated to an extent.
Lets us keep this friendly, informative, educational, enlightening and of course enjoyable for all!!!!

God Bless and a Merry Christmas and a Great New Year to all my fellow hunters in the world.

Old 12-21-2006, 11:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: When we first started!!!

Very well said but its also not to say that some of our younger members don't have excellent information as well. Thanks for the post.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:15 AM

Nice post ampahunter but it makes me wonder, what has sturred these thoughts?
Old 12-21-2006, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great Post , Heres wishing everyone on the board a happy and healthy Christmass , and newyear season !!!!!!!! And may your tags be filled
Old 12-21-2006, 11:34 AM

Good post, but I can't say that I agree whole heartedly.

While there may be a little more ribbing of one another than there was previously, that doesn't mean that the information is in any way less informative. To me it means that the members who are regulars of this forum have become closer friends and can joke with each other without being offended.

I think, while some of the older members have stopped coming or post very rarely, this forum has only gotten better as time has gone by.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:19 PM

While there may be a little more ribbing of one another than there was previously, that doesn't mean that the information is in any way less informative. To me it means that the members who are regulars of this forum have become closer friends and can joke with each other without being offended.
Well said WashingtonHunter. I also believe the younger group like yourself, can contribute alot of valuable information. You are one of the young guys I have alot of respect for. It seems all your answers and questions are well thought out and you can give your opinion or disagree without bad mouthing or getting defensive, plus you are very knowledgable when it comes to bowhunting.