Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I need a new camera. >

I need a new camera.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I need a new camera.

Old 12-20-2006, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default I need a new camera.

I need a new camera. I have an HP that has been dropped out of a tree. It was always a pain and never really worked in the cold. The display would have horizontal white lines or be totally white in the colder temps. You could take a picture with it like that, but can’t see how you’re aiming the cam. After the fall, it seems to have even more problems. I’d like one to use as a regular family camera as well as a hunting camera, which I guess would need to be a little more rugged and work in the cold. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks,
KP
Old 12-20-2006, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I need a new camera.

How much are you wanting to spend?
Old 12-20-2006, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just bought a kodack 650 , for its zoom featue and more , they say it wont work in below freezing temps , or you can buy a blanket for it
Old 12-20-2006, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I guess whatever it takes to work in the cold and be a little more rugged, but I'm not really into photography. The camera I have wasn't the top of the line two years ago so I'm sure it is way out dated, but I was happy with the picture quality.
Nothing fancy, easy to use. I was hoping to be around $200-300? Am I close?
Old 12-20-2006, 07:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

good sony for sale right now, I dropped mine in the river[:@]

I bought a sony from staplesand really like it. 199.99 dollars.

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?zipCode=48131&jspStoreDir=Stap les&catalogId=10051&categoryId=10092&f irstlevelCategoryId=12292&errorUrl=zipcode&amp ;secondlevelCatName=Technology&cm_re=CATS_ALL% 3DTECHNOLOGY%3DDigital%2BCameras%2B%2526%2BScanner s&prodCatType=1&langId=-1&ts=1166603478659&storeId=10001&secon dlevelCategoryId=10912&firstlevelCatName=Produ cts&ddkey=StaplesZipCodeAdd
Old 12-20-2006, 07:21 AM
Dominant Buck

Killer:

I paid about $400 for one for my company use (ahemmmmm) about 2 yrs ago. It's a 7.2 megapixel Sony unit. Rob/PA just bought one almost like it....but I'm not sure what he paid for it. You might wanna check with him.

Jeff
Old 12-20-2006, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I too have a Sony camera and it works great. Very simple to use. I am not into all the settings a stuff like apperature and shutter speed...I just wanted a point and shoot camera that works...and the Sony I have is just like that. I have the ability to do all the fine tune adjustments, but it also has an auto setting. I have had this camera for about 5 or 6 years now (it's a 3 MP) and it still works like the day I bought it! I have been very pleased with this camera. So I would recommend Sony.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I suggest dropping the coin and getting a Cannon Rebel XTI 10.0 megapixel with replaceable lenses. It is a great camera and the ability to put zoom lenses on it makes it ideal for outdoor photos. It is a bit bulky, but the picture quality and camera features more than compensate for that.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am a photographer so I think/hope I can help. I prefer Canon (Mine are in the 800-5K range so that's a little out of your range)but I've shot just about every brand of camera out there. Canon's more rugged and has better features but Nikon has better glass. Sony's got a couple good P&S cameras out now as well although not as "ruged" as what I think you're looking for.You really need to get to an H2or an H5in a Sonyand I think that's a little more than you want spend.

Here's a buyers guide that might help you find what you're looking for. These guys do thousands of reviews a year:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare.asp

But here's a couple to look at assuming you want a P&S:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=1082&A=details&Q=&sku=457550&am p;is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=1082&A=details&Q=&sku=457043&am p;is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation

Hope this helps.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: huntingson

I suggest dropping the coin and getting a Cannon Rebel XTI 10.0 megapixel with replaceable lenses. It is a great camera and the ability to put zoom lenses on it makes it ideal for outdoor photos. It is a bit bulky, but the picture quality and camera features more than compensate for that.
My wife has this camera, he is correct truly a great camera!! No good for carry in a pact

Quick Reply: I need a new camera.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.