Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ok im dumb

Old 12-18-2006, 05:01 AM

Default RE: ok im dumb

Get as Climber and never have to work about falling again.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Heres what you need to do...invest in a professionaly made ladderstand if thats what you prefer to hunt out of. Home made stands only last so long....Right now is time to be buying new equipment as stores are running sales on this years equipment to make room for the 2007 market.

ORIGINAL: Monsterhunter0021

it was a wooden ladder stand this guy built for me on the farm because i let him hunt out of a farm an my buddie hunt out of an i have been bow hunting for some years now an only fell once besides this one he has it lagged bolted in the tree instead of nailed so i dont know if the lag bolt is loose or broke im not to sure but when i stood up to draw on a deer i went over it has no rails or side boards it on for bow hunting an the bottom of the boards kicked out and i hit my face on the base of the platform im not to sure why it gave out
Old 12-18-2006, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

Heres what you need to do...invest in a professionaly made ladderstand if thats what you prefer to hunt out of. Home made stands only last so long....Right now is time to be buying new equipment as stores are running sales on this years equipment to make room for the 2007 market.

it was a wooden ladder stand this guy built for me on the farm because i let him hunt out of a farm an my buddie hunt out of an i have been bow hunting for some years now an only fell once besides this one he has it lagged bolted in the tree instead of nailed so i dont know if the lag bolt is loose or broke im not to sure but when i stood up to draw on a deer i went over it has no rails or side boards it on for bow hunting an the bottom of the boards kicked out and i hit my face on the base of the platform im not to sure why it gave out
Hes right, you can pick up a ladderstand right now for less money then it would take to buy the boards to build a new one.Much safer and you can move them around easier than a heavy wood one.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:53 PM

[:'(][:'(]safety harnesses are for sissy

not , the only time i wear one is in my climber[X(][>:][>:]
Old 12-18-2006, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

how much for the bow?
Old 12-19-2006, 12:39 PM

for what bow?
Old 12-19-2006, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

A real hunter can balance the stand while he's at full draw...

I say, put the stand up higher, tie the harness around your neck.

Oh, and don't bring a cell phone or tell anyone when or where you're hunting, or when you plan to return. Just good practice.

Good luck, have fun and be safe!
Old 12-19-2006, 02:08 PM

for what bow?
He ment your bow, You said you were quiting Hunting
Old 12-19-2006, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wooden stands are the worst possible stand to use. They will always fail in a matter of time. That tree sways with high winds and loosens everything. Like was said before get yourself a good ladder stand or hang on and use it.

Why does everyone feel the need to hammer this guy. He made a mistake and alot of you assumed he wasn't wearing a harness. We all make mistakes.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:01 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Wheatley

Wooden stands are the worst possible stand to use. They will always fail in a matter of time. That tree sways with high winds and loosens everything. Like was said before get yourself a good ladder stand or hang on and use it.

Why does everyone feel the need to hammer this guy. He made a mistake and alot of you assumed he wasn't wearing a harness. We all make mistakes.
I agree Wheatley,and some of the replies are crass ,insensitive and "DUMB"too...Hopefully the originator of this post has learned something from this and will do things differently from now on.Some of us are a slow learn ,falling from trees though,is notwhat you want to be practicingor learning on the fly.[:@]

Quick Reply: ok im dumb

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.