Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anything new from.....? >

Anything new from.....?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anything new from.....?

Old 12-16-2006, 11:25 AM

Default Anything new from.....?

I picked up a half dozen Carbon Express 3D selects the other day, and they seem to be pretty good arrows. I just wonder, has anyone heard of anything new CX will be putting out this year?

I ask because I'm wanting a 300 spine arrow that will weigh around 375 gr. finish arrow weight...We can't get GT at the shop, so that's out....And that's a discussion I'm not going to get into...[:@]
Old 12-16-2006, 12:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Anything new from.....?

My ACC's 3-49's at 27"s with a 100 grain head weigh in at 377-381.

I'm just sayin....
Old 12-16-2006, 10:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

My ACC's 3-49's at 27"s with a 100 grain head weigh in at 377-381.

I'm just sayin....
True, but they are too weak for my rig.....I was thinkin about switching to the 3-71, but then I am big time overweight, for what I want to do anyway....Rob, I agree the ACC is prolly the best arrow on the planet.....I don't know why, but for some reason I want this Vectrix to be a speed demon, and I gotta get that weight down some to do it.

I'M just sayin...
Old 12-17-2006, 11:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Man I'm having a hard time believing the ACC's are underspined for your rig. Don't forget I'm shooting the 3-49's at 70 lbs out of my Allegiance. The arrows are 27" long with a 100 grain tip.

The Hoyt cam is no more extreme then the Allegiance cam. I have perfect arrow flight, don't forget, I'm getting Muzzy's flying pefect at 50 yards not to mention grouping with Snypers and field points.

I shot these same ACC's out of my Hoyt VorTec at 70 lbs, and my Defiant in the past at 70 lbs. Those two bows were 29" draws. What's your draw again?

Interesting.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:45 PM

Rob, I hear ya dude.....but they are. I was getting a really bad left tear at 71 pounds....I set the arrow for centershot (and had the my tech double check) and had about a 2" tear.....I started turning the poundage down and it immediately began to improve. I hit 67 pounds....BLAMMO! Perfect bullet hole.

Mine are 29", maybe that little bit of length is the difference??? My draw is 30"......Only thing I can figure is the aggressive cam, coupled w/ the short ATA stores enough energy to overpower them. That rascal shoots great now, though. I shot a 2" group at 40 yards today, great arrow flight.

Like I said, I'm happy w/ the way the bow shoots, but I want it over 300....call me crazy.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've been waiting for you to answer that. I'd bet too the extra 2" makes a difference. That answers that.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I've been waiting for you to answer that. I'd bet too the extra 2" makes a difference. That answers that.
That's all I could figure as well....What's more puzzling is those are the same arrows I shot out of my UltraTec......at 72 pounds!! I wouldn't have thought them to be underspined either.....
Old 12-17-2006, 07:54 PM

i gave up on GT & got maximas the 350's would be perfect for your rig ! not the hunter type .
Old 12-17-2006, 07:55 PM

I was looking at those actually.....What do they weigh in at?