Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Sorry, no good, scum bag! >

Sorry, no good, scum bag!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sorry, no good, scum bag!

Old 12-15-2006, 04:41 PM

Default RE: Sorry, no good, scum bag!

Just did a post last week I have lost two over the years maybe its time we did some trapping, maybe pegs sawed part way off or a stand that will fall when they get in to get that bow hook hanging above due to there greed, it would not bother Me to paralize some thieven a## hole that would be there problem. I am still contemplating my move. i know i will be looking for there pot so I can turn them in for that. when Your dealing with third generation scumbags You need a iron fist.........Ron
Old 12-15-2006, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

I think people in general are becoming less and less tolerant. Today on my way home from work I came up behind a slow moving passenger car on a two way highway. When the passing lane came I went around the car. It immediatel flipped it's high beams up on me. WHY? I had a legal right to go around the car, it wasn't doing the speed limit and I didn't endanger it in any way. People are becoming more rude and me oriented every day. It's all about me, well guess what, it's not, get over it.

I'm sorry to hear that burnie....hopefully you'll have some return gratificiation.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:16 PM
Spike

Stinks, i know the feeling. That was my main reason for goin to a climber. It's a little more work but at least when i head home for the day i know where my stand is. I'd love to catch one of the stand stealin little slugs. Almost worth carrying an arrow with a blunt just for them....
Old 12-15-2006, 08:34 PM

Default RE: Sorry, no good, scum bag, P.O.S., sack of monkey $#!t

I had a stand stolen this year by some dumb *******. It apparently happens all of the time in the woods I hunt.
I didn't have it locked so I guessI was just asking for it. Man, those jackasses piss me off. Who would pull that crap but other hunters or antis? I lock up my stands now and haven't had one stolen again yet. The only way to prevent it is to lock them up real well so they can't cut them off with a bolt cutter. Do you have any idea how hard I work finding the spot and setting the stand up only to have it stolen by some poor excuse for a human being? On top of that, I had to work a full day to pay for the stand and being that I'm young, money doesn't come easy. Oh well, I guess you just gotta offer it up. Hating does no good.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:39 PM

That really is a bummer. Its disgusting I know. Ive been fortunate this year, set up a stand in august and check on it frequently if im not hunting, its still there. At eye level on liek the fourth step I wrote my name and address and then a few steps up I wrote my name again and then a coupel more steps I wrote "Not yours thief" and then at the top I wrote "If you take this stand I will find you and kill you" lol. I Basicly just wrote that for fun, I obviously dont expect it to work.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:53 PM

I hunt land that has been in our family for 20 years it is bordered by very ttrustworthy neighbors. I had a stand at the far corner of our land, a half mile off the road. No one is to be on our land except me and somehowthat stand came up missing. I just really hate it when you trust someone and get the short end of the stick. I'm assuming it was grandkids of the neighbors but i will never know.
I feel your pain ladies and gentlemen,I know that burning feeling that makes you want to beat some a$$.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:59 AM

Yep, I wrote my name all over the stand and put up NO TRESPASSING signs. I doubt it will work though. I locked it but all they need is a boltcutter. I need to find a cutless lock.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

I keep quiet about almost everything. Have had chances to have my picture posted in public places but refused. No good can come of it. The less people know the better. Evenfriends whoI thoughtI could share things with, could not be trusted. Just the way it is.

Old 12-16-2006, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

some turd smoken, ingrate had come and stole two of my tree stands.
Sorry to hear. [:'(]
The Big Guy saw who did it, and I believe there was a rule about not doing stuff like that. He sees all, and has a pretty good memory. That guy will get justice some day.

Too bad it's illegal to boobytrap them in the meantime. [:@]
Old 12-16-2006, 09:20 PM

people around here made ladder stands out of 2by4 and nails them to the trees they dont get stole

Quick Reply: Sorry, no good, scum bag!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.