Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Help me spend $1000.00 >

Help me spend $1000.00

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help me spend $1000.00

Old 12-14-2006, 01:06 PM

Default RE: Help me spen 1000.00

Bowtech Alligance, Guardian
Old 12-14-2006, 01:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Help me spen 1000.00

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

Sneaky Bas%$#&!

I know. Lisa wouldn't know if I came home with a new one or not (unless I told her). I've sold my soul to a Winter of crown moulding and finishing the basement just to get my new bow. I figured I was gonna do all that anyways.....I might as well be shooting a new bow.

I know you, Germ....you'll shoot 'em all. Congrats on the EXTRA bonus (sounds redundant, huh?)
New rule no more posting in the third person, it is driving me nuts!!!

These are what I am going to shoot.

Alligence
Drenilen
Cardiac
Hoyt's

HuntinGUS my job is not based on Hours, based on projects. I am done for the year. Just helping the other guys out rest of the year. Yes he knows, LOL He is truly a great guy, he is a real live Brother, very
spiritual man.

My last three bosses have been
2 deacon's and a brother, LOL
Old 12-14-2006, 01:53 PM

Default RE: Help me spend $1000.00

go to EBAY and buy a nice Mathews LX all set up for $400-450 and spend the other $550-600 on clothes and accessories at your local Wal-Mart or sporting goods stores when they go on sale.

use that $1,000 to buy $2500 in used and used merchandise is what I'd do
Old 12-14-2006, 01:54 PM
Dominant Buck

I could get you a NICE used LX for $350 if you ween't wrong-handed.

Jeff
Old 12-14-2006, 02:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

I could get you a NICE used LX for $350 if you ween't wrong-handed.

Jeff
Yeah, those darn wrong handed guys. Germ, if it ain't going to be an Allegiance, might as well head to Ohio!
Old 12-14-2006, 02:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

"Len in Maryland"s quote about the Bowtech Guardian: Nuff said.

Everyone who has shot the Guardian has been astonished. The comments made are; "light, smooth drawing, fast, vibration free, quiet". Gee, isn't that just about everything archers look for in a bow?In fact, no one has yet asked about 'how accurate it is'!!! Then again, maybe they've heard me say time and time again that accuracy is inherently in the hands of the archer.

I've spentthe past two days doing a lot of testing and evaluation. Because of my findings, I just tripled my initial order of them. This thing is going to sell big. Did I do complete testing? No, that will take months. But I did learn a lot about the technology and already know more about tuning and 'do's and don't's'.

What I can tell you is that some rests work better than others. The bow should be best used within 5# of it's peak weight. Limbsavers on the limbs are not necessary. Although a stabilizer should not be needed for shock and vibration reduction, proper stabilization should be considered for balance.

And, to use an old cliche, don't judge a book by it's cover. Take a trip to your nearest Dealer and at least give this bow a 'test run'. I think a delightful surprise might be in store forsome 'naysayers'.

I'll continue to test the design with what I've got, but I'lllook forward togetting a bow more my size to test - the Commander.

Old 12-14-2006, 02:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Matt how the Guardian looks bugs me, like the WB great rest, but I think it looks dorky. I will shoot it, and maybe seeing it in real life will help.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Tell ya what Germ, come pic me up and i will be glad to help you spend that $1000.00[8D] Heck i will even buy your lunch and a couple brewskies with it
Dan
Old 12-14-2006, 03:06 PM
Typical Buck

Well we have this awesome little place that has a real friendly staff. The girls in there will listen to exactly what you want and try to fix you up with all kinds of blows for a 1000 bucks. Wait...your talking about Bows?? Oh buy a Hoyt.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I were you, I would put in all in those little red buckets that people ring bells by at Wal-Mart around Christmas.

Just kidding...Bull $hit aside, I would stick it towards a sweet a$$ setup. Bowtech of course.

Quick Reply: Help me spend $1000.00

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.