Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Input on some hunts you would like to see!! >

Input on some hunts you would like to see!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Input on some hunts you would like to see!!

Old 12-14-2006, 09:43 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Input on some hunts you would like to see!!

That's obvious, TeeJay.

Hey guys....sincerely....good luck. It seems like most all the angles are being met via the "good ol boys" out there, now. I do see Jay's got his wife hunting.....the Lakosky's......Ralph and Vicki.......so there IS a market. I just hope you'r enot getting in on the tail end (no pun intended) of the trend.

I watched Jon Brunson for about 3 minutes, last night. I watched it right up to the point that he stops the show to go over "some of the equipment" he uses. I understand economics.....but please give me something to wash that down with.

If it were me.....I'd just throw a bikini on Lisa and have her shoot at doves with a recurve. I'd watch it for 30 miutes....and hell....she might hit one, one day. Tred connects every now and then!

Jeff
Old 12-14-2006, 09:54 AM

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

If it were me.....I'd just throw a bikini on Lisa and have her shoot at doves with a recurve. I'd watch it for 30 miutes....and hell....she might hit one, one day. Tred connects every now and then!

Jeff
Now that's a heck of an idea Jeff. An Enigma Bikini of course right?

In all seriousness Tammi Gregory is a joke in the woods. Just watch her try to pull her bow back. Way over-bowed. I'm sure she does nothing to help prepare for the hunt. Don that is the reason I think you and Sarah will be successful. Sarah knows her crap! And i'm sure what she doesn't know she has a great teacher in you to show her. You will be surprised at the number of wives who will sit down and watch Sarah because they would like to learn things about hunting from a woman. Maybe segments geared towards woman hunters. Just be "Real" don't be something your not and i'm sure the show would be successful.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:16 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

I just hope you'r enot getting in on the tail end (no pun intended) of the trend.

Jeff
It is just in it's infancy. Hunting shows with all men only hunts have been on TV since Curt Gowdy 30 years ago or more.Women bowhunters is very new. Tail end; no way, it's in the baby stage.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

BTW, Rick will you sponsor us?
Would love to but I'd have to sell my Harley and that ain't happening soon.
But I will promote you guys free of charge
Old 12-14-2006, 07:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Like many have said...keep it real.

And to go along with the "show hunts where you might not get anything" theme....Come and sit with me for a season, and I can give you all kinds of footage of that, and I won't even charge you!!
Old 12-14-2006, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

sounds like you are off to a great start guys gettin it goin BTW SB your test worked it made me spit drink on the computer screen
Old 12-15-2006, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

I totally know what the "game" is with this and what will sell and I know what you are saying. I am no dummy to how the crowd roars with approval when a pretty woman shoots a bow or hunts. Sarah sent her bear harvest pic to Hoyt and was immediately put on their website for photo of the week. She sent them her deer harvest buck this year and they immediately got back to her and want to use her in their 2008 catalog. I send them pics of me and I get no response.I put her bear story on AT and immediately Peterson's bowhunting mag got a hold of me and wanted her story and pics in their mag. She will be in next months issue I believe. Do they want my pics, yours, or anybody elses here; probably not. Like I stated, pretty women that bowhuntare a rare thing and they draw a lot of attention. There are tons of women archers, but very few have the stomach to kill with their bow. This is the only reason we will make it in this business and I accept it. I don't hate the player or the game. My best friend happens to be my wife and we get to travel and bowhunt together. My wife thinks that taking a cruise is a waste of money that could be spent on a hunt; not too many women think like that!!!
One suggestion along those lines. Lose the pigtails. Go with a french braid. The one thing you need to remember if you are going to make it is you need to project a conservative image ( I don't mean politics). Guys may like a dumb bimbo shooting a Martin bow for an ad but to get a good loyal base you need to distinguish yourself from a model-for-hire. Women viewers are not going to respect you if you don't seem to know what you're talking about. Women are the meanest critics of other women. Don't be a poser. Project the image of a smart, woods-wise woman who takes her sport serious and isn't just there for eye candy. That's just another shortcut/sell out that won't make you stand out in the market. Believe me, if that's what works the competition can afford to buy more models to put in front of a camera than wives you can show. Think of yourself as an anchor-woman. Know your stuff.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Public land hunts.
WH; you have the same ideas we do. There are a lot of people that do not know how to hang a stand, how to pick a stand location, how to field dress a deer, how to fletch an arrow, how to tell if their bow is timed, and the list goes on.
seriously, people who don't know how to field dress deer amaze me, why are you in the woods if you can't take care of your animal?
Old 12-15-2006, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bowtech die hard

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Public land hunts.
WH; you have the same ideas we do. There are a lot of people that do not know how to hang a stand, how to pick a stand location, how to field dress a deer, how to fletch an arrow, how to tell if their bow is timed, and the list goes on.
seriously, people who don't know how to field dress deer amaze me, why are you in the woods if you can't take care of your animal?
a guy a know called me on the phone once and asked me if I could tell him over the phone how to do it. I couldn't believe it. Some people. By the way my last post wasn't in regard to anyone particular or anything.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:46 AM

archery hunt on horseback for buffalo with long bow....grizzly hunting in BC for Grizzlies, moose hunting with a bow and def showing the blood trail...

Quick Reply: Input on some hunts you would like to see!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.